Cow hunt success!

MIJOBCFD

69922011_cow_hunt.jpg

I was lucky enough to draw my third choice cow tag in unit 9, and was able to connect on this big girl sunday afternoon. My dad and I arrived the friday before around noon and it seemed the rest of the day was like a parade of hunters driving into the area. I could not believe how many people were there for the hunt. I guess when they give out 200 tags people are gonna be everywhere. We had scouted and found where they were hanging out so we had a plan where we wanted to be opening morning. Well opening day came and it seemed everyone there knew where the elk were too. There were four wheelers everywhere. It was kind of discouraging that there was that many people there, but we were seeing the elk but they were spooked. Sunday morning we saw some on the private side and in the afternoon I glassed up two cows feeding on a hill side. So my dad and I went around the back side of the mountain and came up over the top to see if we could see the two. We glassed and glassed and they must have scented us because they ran out the bottom into the open. I saw them running and picked the bigger one and shot. The first shot went right over her back, so I readjusted and the second shot dropped her in her tracks. Shes gonna be good eating. I feel very lucky to have taken one considering how many people were out there.

Thats a good looking freezer full of good meat.
Glad you was able to get one.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom