Cow moose down.

alpinebowman

Well Here she is. When I was told a moose hit with an arrow will go down fast they weren't kidding. I shot her on Sunday at about 9:00. We spotted here from the hill above her and she was in a great spot to get to. I drove down the hill and parked the truck and made my way to her last location. I was slowly sneaking in when I caught here coming out of the willows 25 yards in front of me. the problem was I still had a bunch of cover in front of me and there was no place for a shot. I don't know if she smelled me or saw me but she started heading to the direction I cam from and I was still stuck in the middle of some thick little quakies. I started trying to reposition myself and not spoke her as she walk through a good opening at 44 yds but she didn't stop to say high. She then stopped on the edge of the willows by the pond and decided she didn't want to cross the water so to my surprise she turned and walked right by me and stopped broadside between 35 and 40 yards. I pulled back took aim through the window in the cattails and thought to myself. "I can't believe I am going to shoot a moose with my bow" and I let it fly. The titanium tipped carbon express fly like art and completely disappeared into her side. She swapped ends and went straight into the pond she didn't cross seconds before and dropped 20 yards after the shot. Man it is crazy to see such a beast go down so fast. Thanks to good friends and my wife we got her out of the water and cut up much faster than I expected. So a big thanks to my friends David and Jeff for rescuing a guy with a moose in a pond. I hope I can return the favor soon.

moosepost2.jpg

moosepost.jpg

moosepost1.jpg

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

What is it with Moose and heading for water when they die?? Nice shot and you gonna invite us all over for Moose steaks???

68hi7ls.gif

great job. i think i'll break the ice with a cow and hope to draw the coveted bull tag in a few years.

beat this

Congrats, that will be some great eating, but man, moose are one of the ugliest creatures I have ever seen, especially without antlers. Scott

I shot her around the mirror lake highway in the Kamas unit. Like you said cous they are ugly but MMM MMM good on the table. BBQ at my house. Then you guys can help me cut up the rest of it. 5 hours worth of cutting up the front quarters straps and scraps so I am a little beat today.

alpinebowman

Some guys have all the luck. What is that 3 of 5 tags filled this year, so far? (Counting your spring Turkey.)

>Some guys have all the luck.
> What is that 3
>of 5 tags filled this
>year, so far? (Counting your
>spring Turkey.)

Yep only deer and elk left to get. BRING IT ON.

alpinebowman

Good Job hunny! ;-)
It was crazy to watch her go down so quickly! I figured we might be chasin' moose tail!!
Thanks for takin me out hunting! :D
>>>--Ami-->

Congratulations! That is awesome! I have been holding out for my bull tag but maybe next year... Sounds like a great time!

>Congratulations! That is awesome!
>I have been holding out
>for my bull tag but
>maybe next year... Sounds
>like a great time!

thats the cool thing I didn't waste my once in a lifetime tag for this. I actually have a chance to draw this tag again. I will probably start trying again after my 5 year waiting period is over.

alpinebowman

>Congrats on your hunt , you
>did good.Hows the meat??

It tastes good but a little tough but a little tenderizer and it is excellent. I need to throw a roast in the slowcooker and that should be awesome.

alpinebowman

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom