coyote hunting

ishootaRUM300

I am wondering if some of you coyote vets could give pointes for somebody looking to try for a few dogs. I will be using my 243. I am going to see if I can use my buddies electric call and I have a bunch of places that I can hunt. I will be hunting in MN. I will be hunting tilled fields. What I am thinking about doing is sitting in a small clump of weeds and trees with fence lines and woods around and try to call them out to the small clump of weeds and trees. Do you think this will work or am I just going to educate them? Looking for any kind of help with this.

Dont walk directly up wind of where you suspect they are going to come from. set up cross wind so they can easily come in from the down wind side with maybe a ditch line or trees to follow they do get a little weary traveling in large open places when being called. (not that they wont do it but your chances are better if they dont have too). Be quiet and hold still I dont even like to glass because there is too much movement. Anything you can do to eliminate odor is great, shower wash clothes dress outer layer in the field. You may want to purchas some DVD's some of them are very instructional and helpful to fully understand and see how it works. However trial and error is a good source too.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-11 AT 03:46PM (MST)[p]Sneak onto your set. Sit in the shade. Sit downwind of your caller or place a second shooter 100yards downwind of the sound. Don't let em get too close their odds of survival go up things happen quick at close range. Stop em at 80 to 100 yards just bark like s pissed off dog with your own voice you'll have about 3 seconds to pull the trigger just be ready when you do it. Don't slam your truck doors and hide your vehicles. Only position for a shot when the coyotes moving when they stop hold very still. Just a few things I've learned over the past 16 years. Wised alot up but alot fewer these days. Always remember the wind their nose is extremely sharp.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom