Coyote question

locofife

I was just wondering what you all do with the coyotes after you shoot them. Do you skin them out, or just leave them there. I don't like the fact that the dang things hurt the big game populations, and would like to take some out, but I'm not really interested in skinning them out and dealing with the hides. It just doesn't seem right just to shoot an animal and leave it. What do you all think?

Leave it and shoot its brother the next day as he is chewing on the first one.

If you've got a neighbor you don't like, throw them in his yard. Just be sure to shoot them. I carry a big set of pruning shears and collect the tales and nail them on my fence. That is if I don't have to walk half way across the county to get to them. Just make sure they are dead before you clamp down with those shears.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

If they have a winter coat on them skin them out and sell the hide at one of those mountain re-actments. I have got up $80.00 for a hide so they could hang them on there tents. I have Sold coyotes, coons and mink hides, they will buy them if the price is right.

What type of big game do you think that the coyotes affect??
Unless you consider rabbits and ground squirrels "Big Game".
Or maybe you are mad that they occationally chew on a road kill deer.
Kill those suckers man, if you dont than I will.

}}-SLIVER-->

I've watched them chase does through high snow in hard winter years, I've also watched three of them try to figure out how they were gonna get a big antelope buck one year....so yes, they do have an adverse affect on big game. The dogs are a valid part of the ecosystem, however, I shoot on sight because they seem to miraculousley repopulate. People tried to thin them out in the 70's with poison etc., I understand the bitches litters just grew with the poisoning to counter the effects. Definately a survivor...and definately fun to hunt.

My cousin personally witnessed coyotes take down a fawn in central UT. While watching a small herd of deer they spotted a pack of coyotes behind them. There was one that was obviously the dominant male. He was about 400yds out and took a shot at the big one and it didn't look over. The pack got closer to the deer and he took another shot and missed but the coyotes kept after the deer. A few minutes later they had separated a fawn from the does and they took it down. He said it was amazing to watch.

So yes coyotes have an effect on big game populations and they need to be hunted.

When the Apocalypse arrives there will be only 4 things left on this earth-2 coyotes and 2 cockroaches. The coyotes will eat the cockroaches and have pups.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom