Crappiest place

B_F_E

Long Time Member
What's the most godforsaken place you've been ?

Barrow Alaska was brutal the winter I was there,
then a saw caribou, polar bear & arctic fox which redeemed it.
Death valley, come to mind.
Then I remembered, that one summer I went to...

Kingman Arizona, # 1 on my List

Sorry Don Martin, I know its a better place for having you.

HYW 95 between Las Vegas and Reno. I remember driving it once when I was a kid and I dont remember nothing out there that was alive. didn't seem like there was a bush over 6" tall either.

But that may be just a scary memory from my childhood.

Jeff

PS. Havent been back since to verify my momories, TO SCARED.

I may have just been through the bad part of town, but the worst was Lubbock TX. The motel we stayed in was so bad that I had to run the shower on hot all night to heat up the room. We brought in our sleeping bags because we didn't dare sleep in the beds. West TX in general isn't someplace I want to see again.

Lived in Yuma, AZ for 10 years. Talk about hot! In the winter when the temps are good, 100,000 Snowbirds move in. They can't drive, think they own the place and you can't get a tee time.
Only place I have ever been where you get depressed because summer is coming.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

Gallup, NM, Worked there for 4months in the winter building new rest stop for the state. Only reason I didnt drive in to the bar ditch and wreck the company truck cause I was making prevailing wage.

Lehi, Utah is not the worst, but it is getting there. 100k snowbirds? We had 100k vagrants from all over move in and they stayed here. I know a bunch of them are on this board and you know who you are!;-)

Tucson, AZ. I was a JC transfer to play football there. Super ah, social activities...and a great school but i hated living there after growing up and being raised fishing and hunting in the mountains of nor-Kali.

I sneaked in and fished the golf course ponds at night and shot jackrabbits along the foothill cactus for an occational fix. Suppose i maybe should have bargained introductions to some alumni outdoorsmen who knew what that area had to offer before i signed on the dotted line. As it was, hot hot and that desert didn't cut it, i got major homesick each year about the time deer season started back in my home town.

Tucson, AZ is right up there. I went through there on a road trip once, and pulled into a gas station. As we pulled in 2 guys ran out carrying several cases of beer, getting chased by a clerk. I went in to take a piss and when I walked out of the bathroom a psyco, camo clad tweaker, had a huge buck knife up the the remaining clerks neck. I started running towards him and was drawing my pistol to shoot the tweaker and he dropped the knife and ran out, thank God! I payed for the gas, the cleark acted like nothing happened, and as I was firing up the truck to leave two other patrons peeled out of the gas station, not paying of couse, both without removing the hose nozzels....there were nozzels and pieces of hose flying everywhere! I was so happy to get back on the highway, and I don't think I'll ever stop in Tucson, AZ again!

+1 For Price, Utah and add one for Duchesne, UT. The only good thing about these two places is that is doesn't take too long to get away from them to someplace good.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Tucson is nice compared to Kingman or Yuma.

I think Kilowatt wins. As for me, My company sent me to work in Phoenix for 2 1/2 months. What a $hit hole. Longest and worst 2 1/2 months of my life.

One more vote for Gallup, NM! My next vote would be for Glasgow Virginia. That place was just creepy!

>+1 For Price, Utah and add
>one for Duchesne, UT. The
>only good thing about these
>two places is that is
>doesn't take too long to
>get away from them to
>someplace good.
>
+2 and add Roosevelt to the list too, Roy.

Green River Wyoming. Tweeker capital of the world. Everyone in town wants to sell you meth or **** you for meth. I've never seen so many rail thin, toothless women in my life. Company truck was broken into 11 times in 3 1/2 months, (that we know of). Got to where we were chaining around the utility body trying to keep the doors closed and tools in. Worst summer of my life.

>>+1 For Price, Utah and add
>>one for Duchesne, UT. The
>>only good thing about these
>>two places is that is
>>doesn't take too long to
>>get away from them to
>>someplace good.
>>
>+2 and add Roosevelt to the
>list too, Roy.

Does ft duchesne fit in this catagory? lmao

-Cody AKA BigBuck92

JUDAS TEE TEE K & Roy!!!

DO YOU REMEBER WHERE DOWNTOWN MYTON IS???

GENERATIONS OF WELFARE HAVE BEEN BRED IN MYTON!!!

THERE USE TO BE ONE GOOD THING IN MYTON!!!

AND I'LL BET TEE-TEE-K & Roy ARE TO YOUNG TO KNOW/REMEMBER???

ANYBODY EVER HEAR OF THE "THREE LEGGED DOG SALOON" IN DOWNTOWN MYTON???

IT AIN'T NO BULL-$HIT!!!

THEY HAD A 3 LEGGED SHEPHERD!!!

I EVEN PETTED HIM A TIME OR TWO!!!

THEY HAD TO CLOSE THE SALOON THOUGH!!!

TOO MANY LOCALS DRINKING UP THE WELFARE CHECKS!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

HEY infinitecircles!!!

IF JACKMASTER HEARS ABOUT THE TOOTHLESS WOMEN HE'LL BE PACKING HIS BAGS!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Tell him to look for the ones wearing long sleeve flanel shirts in July. Oh, and have a cold pack of Natty light on hand! Then they can head down to the sewer treatment plant and throw rocks in the pond.

Stevinson, CA. It's on Hyw 140 between Merced and Gustine. We lived there for about 8 months. It's all alkali soil and the water table is about 6" below ground. It has to be the bug capitol of the world. Walking through any grassy area disturbes swarms of mosquitos. About every two weeks you have to take down all the light fixtures and dump out the dead bugs so you can see better when the light is on. I once sprayed Chlordane on the front porch and counted 11 dead black widow spiders the next morning.

The only up side was during duck season after a rain. Several times I shot ducks in the back yard, from the bedroom window!

Eel

I was going to say King Salmon, Alaska; but then I got to thinking about the one time I drove through Gallup. That got me to thinking about teek-nos-pas (sp?) on the Navajo Reservation and Tuba City, and they have to be worse but then I remembered the winner.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. That place is the winner, hands down. No question about it.

OH Ye of little travel........nobody has mentioned San Francisco Ca.

They have the largest collection of people you can't stand, spouting ideas that make no sense, charging double prices for stuff you don't need......and the worst thing, if you drop your keys on the ground, you have to kick them all the way to Oakland before you can bend down and pick them up!

Any Indian reservation in Washington!!!!! I've seen places in Ethiopia that were nicer.
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

+1 For Tuba City Az. & the entire Navajo Nation! Whew! no wonder they're pissed!

RUS

>I was going to say King
>Salmon, Alaska;

Evidently you weren't there to fish the Naknek River! That was one of the BEST weeks of my life! Right up there with my honeymoon! In fact if my wife had been there and we would have done what we were doing on the honeymoon even once - it WOULD have been the best!

I agree though about the town - a real dump. There were a bunch of salmon boats that finished their runs when we were there and there were a bunch of Eurotrash punks looking for clean needles and spoons. I guess they already had the heroin.

UTROY

Bobcat - Here's a song you might recognize!

"Come on in to Ft. Myton.
Ft. Myton Country Store.
We always give you more.
We've got bait and we've got ammo,
oil and filters for your
automotive needs!"

Ok so it ain't a direct quote - but it's close!

Yeah - I know the Three Legged Dog.

I also agree with Rock Springs and Green River! We lived in Rock Springs for 6 months when I was a little kid! All I remember was that we lived in a trailer and we didn't have a yard but gravel and there were tumble weeds everywhere and it was cold and it stunk!

Rangely, CO isn't that great either.

UTROY

Roy, no I didn't go to King Salmon to fish. I was there overnight in 1981, on my way back from a moose hunt out at Port Heiden, on the Alaska Peninsula. I didn't get into King Salmon in time to catch the only flight to Anchorage, so had to spend the night there. First, I had to pay over $100.00 for a room at one of the only two motels in town, and my room was about 8'x8', and the single bathroom was at the end of the hall. I went over to Eddie's Gaslog for dinner. Went into the bar, and the only two other patrons were a couple of commercial fishermen who were drunk and bored. They started picking a fight with me to amuse themselves, and if it weren't for the bartender chasing them out with a baseball bat, I'd have got my butt seriously kicked. Then, I went into the restaurant and ordered a New York strip steak for dinner. $50.00 for a frozen 8 oz steak, and that was in 1981.

About the only entertainment that night was when some of the guys over at the base burned down their barracks. King Salmon = sh*thole for sure.

Illiamna is much nicer! Heck, Unalakleet is nicer!

Riyadh is still the bigges sh*thole I or any of you guys have been to, I guarantee you.

Tried to spend a night in Jean, NV once.
Tent-camping at a desert race.
Wind was blowing so hard it was pushing dust through the tent fabric.
That was miserable.

Oh... 'an Price, UT... what a hole! (just kidding Rim... I like Price ;<} )

French Frigate Shoals-----a small island 650 miles northeast of Hawaii. It was just big enough for a runway and L.O.R.A.N. station.
The poor bastard that got stationed there was stuck on that rock for a year. I sailed by it in 1975.

You guys must not get to Cali that often.

I vote for Bakersfield Ca

If your referred to as the armpit of CA thats bad

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-08 AT 02:10AM (MST)[p]I could vote for winners all day on here and never leave California.....How about Pumpkin Center?

Here are some more of my American favorites;
Wagontire, Or.
Arco, Id.
Millington, Tn.

If you HAVE to leave the states, don't ever go to Saudia Arabia, Guam, Siganella Italy or Cairo. Anywhere that requires you to bring your own toilet paper......and it all goes downhill from there.

I had a chance to buy the tittie bar in Green River. They wanted $300,000 for it. I turned them down, but I sometimes regret it. Believe it or not they make a lot of money!

>Kingman Arizona, # 1 on my
>List

+1 Beefy
My ex-wife and I lived in Kingman for a year. Her mother still lives there. We had a biker bar down there. It is the most dreadful pit on the face of the planet.
My son was born in Kingman though....the only good thing that came outta Kingman as far as I'm concerned. I had to move back to Reno. I didn't want to raise my son in that atmosphere. I should've left my ex down there with her ma.

BigFly
47bec37d1951da49.jpg

I'm gonna throw in another vote for Duchesne Utah. My daughter lives there and I hate it. Man that place is the butt crack of America!
Wes

Lived in Ridgecrest, CA for a year. Most of the buildings had plywood over the windows. What a hole.

You guys need to leave Tuba City, Tec-Na-Pos and Gallup alone.
Dude and Tfinal are going to think your racist.

Roy! The song goes like this...

COme on into Ft. Myton
Ft. Myton Country Store
We got gas, propane, diesel..
all you want and more.
Cafe and candy shop for
your automotive needs.....

That's what I remember. LOL

>Bobcat - Here's a song you
>might recognize!
>
>"Come on in to Ft. Myton.
>
>Ft. Myton Country Store.
>We always give you more.
>We've got bait and we've got
>ammo,
>oil and filters for your
>automotive needs!"
>

India sucks!!!! ;-) Mumbai, Chennai, & Bangalore....

I travel there 3-4 times per year for work and it blows!

S.

What's with all you guys hating on Duchesne? Granted, I've never lived there but there's good hunting, camping, fishing, boating, and hiking all right there and it doesn't get 120 degrees in the summer. Try saying those things about places like Vegas, Phoenix, Barstow, Bakersfield and Kingmen.

By the way, I've driven through Ridgecrest Ca. once and I thought those were abandond shacks, not houses where people actually live.

shotgun,

Duchesne is pretty bad. Good hunting, but town life looks pretty miserable. Sorry bess, but it sucks! Talk about alkali and rotten crap that wont grow but swamp veggies and salted seaweed!

>What's with all you guys hating
>on Duchesne? Granted, I've
>never lived there but there's
>good hunting, camping, fishing, boating,
>and hiking all right there
>and it doesn't get
>120 degrees in the summer.
>Try saying those things about
>places like Vegas, Phoenix, Barstow,
>Bakersfield and Kingmen.

Like I said - the only redeeming quailty about Duchesne is that it is not far from better places.

UTROY

"Like I said - the only redeeming quailty about Duchesne is that it is not far from better places."

Like Rock Springs Wyoming?

I live in Rock Springs and I have to agree it's pretty bad. I am looking to move somwhere else. Probably Grand Junction Colorado.

My uncle lived in Rock Springs Chester. Dude, that place sucks!:)

I want to move out of my crappiest place. It kills me to watch the city infiltrate the country. If it is green then someone wants to build on it.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-08 AT 03:11PM (MST)[p]Ouray, Utah. I can't imagine how anyone could live there for more than 10 minutes.

Out of country would be Cucuta, Colombia. Hot, dry, dirty, and dangerous.

Ouray is tough to top. But when you have a blown transmission (after a broken rear oil seal 2 days before), there is no worse place on earth than being 40 miles east of Tucumcari, New Mexico at 3am.

WHAT ABOUT EUREKA NEVADA???

BUTTHOLE OF THE WORLD!!!

MORE COPS THAN RESIDENTS!!!

YA CAN'T NEVER GET IN TO THE BEST MOTEL IN TOWN WHICH IS JUNK!!!

YA GOT TO GO DOWN TO THAT OTHER ONE!!!

THAT GAL DON'T CARE IF YA GOTS MONEY!!!

SHE'LL MAKE YOU A TRADE!!!

20 FRICKEN BELOW ZERO & THE FRONT WINDOW FALLS RIGHT OUT OF THE WALL!!!

WAFJ!!!

THATS ONE PLACE I DON'T CARE TO EVER GO BACK TO!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

+1 on Eureka NV! Dump in the middle of nowhere.

Kramer Junction, CA next to Edwards AFB.

Callao, UT

Castle Dale, UT

The most depressing place in the lower 48 I've ever seen:
Tuba City, AZ.

Another vote for Kuwait and Southern Iraq, and Ill throw in the rest of Iraq as well. Crapola capitial of the world.

45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

had a drunk indian guy chase me down in gallup nm.Said some guy was trying to kill him could he have 50 cents to call 911.lol. if you dont know gallup rubbing alcohol is a fine liquor.

Any of you who think American cities are the worst, you need to get out more often. Even our worst cities, the ones I listed included, compare pretty favorably to a lot of other sh*tholes around the world.

>"Like I said - the only
>redeeming quailty about Duchesne is
>that it is not far
>from better places."
>
>Like Rock Springs Wyoming?

When God gives the earth an enema, it is going in at Rock Springs.

Anybody mention Baker, Ca. yet? The home of the biggest thermometer. We stay there on our way back from Wyoming every year and it is a sh*thole!

Steve

No offense to anyone that lives there! HaHa

264winmag- My father in law is from Ridgecrest. From what I understand it's another Green River....meth capital of the state. I went to a wedding there about 8 years ago.We stopped at a McDonalds there and the kids meal toys were minature meth pipes that when you used them, they changed colors!!

Steve

Eureka NV is a pit for sure. I play in a July softball tourney there and sleep in my tent at the ballpark. It's nicer than the motels. The night life is good, with about 8 or 9 different saloons up and down the road...and don't forget the frosty.

..."south of Doyle"?....did you forget Herlong? What a dust bowl.I married the best lookin woman to ever come outta Herlong IMO. Her folks live there and we're trying to get them to move into Reno since they're getting up there in their years.

What about Belen NM? I think that was one of the dirtiest towns I have ever been in. Filth everywhere. They need a "adopt-a-highway" program.

BigFly
47bec37d1951da49.jpg

HEY BigFly!!!

YOU'RE RIGHT!!!

EUREKA NEVADA HAS MORE DAMN COPS & BARS PER CAPITA THAN ANY DAMN PLACE I'VE BEEN!!!

DON'T MAKE ME THINK ABOUT THAT MOTEL AGAIN,DAMN!!!

AMAZING WHAT THEY CAN CHARGE MONEY FOR!!!

SEEN A GUY TRY 120 MPH ON THE MAIN DRAG OF EUREKA (SPEED LIMIT IS LIKE 15 MPH!!!) AND THEY THROWED HIS ASS IN THE CAN,NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Back in 1996 when we drew deer tags for Eureka area, we stayed in the Collinade Hotel the old place up on the side of the hill.
The walls were at least 15' high, small rooms with a sink and a regular "old" spring bed. Now they expected two grown men to sleep in one bed together, what a joke that was.
We stayed there for two days until we could get rooms at the Sundown Lodge. The Sundown was a nice place then, don't know about now.

What us 4 guys liked about the old place up on the hill was the shower pressure, could have steam cleaned an engine in there, hot and very high pressure, it was 10 times better than a Jacuzzi LOL

Brian

Oh ya and i cant forgot Dinosaur Co. Even though there are some huge deer running through town

-Cody AKA BigBuck92

You know why most of you guys don't have a clue about what a real sh*thole is? You've never been to the middle east. My first day in Riyadh, one of our employees was driving me around, getting me familiar with the part of town I was going to be working in. We're stopped at a stoplight, and there are three arabs squatting up against a wall of a building that has a dirt lot facing the street. These guys are all wearing their traditional "bedsheet" since I don't know what the hell they call those robes they wear. Anyway, one guy reaches up under his gown, like he's wiping his arse, and then rubs his fingers on the ground and stands up and walks away. My jaw dropped as the next guy does the same, and they both leave a pile of crap right there, out in public. My driver simply says "welcome to Saudi, get used to it."

That goes on over there every day. It IS the sh*thole of the world, at least one of them since all those cities are the same.

So my buddy and I stop in Gallop N.M. to get gas on our way to a Jan. 2b archery hunt. As we walk out of the shop and stop store this woman, who was smoking, threw her cig on the ground. It was only 1/2 smoked. My buddy, who can't stand people littering, said to the woman:"hey mam you dropped something". She looked down at the smoldering cig and said:"what do you want the rest son?" Really nice place!

I live in a very small town so i know how small town folks can be. Those locals that i came across and tried to speak to in the far North Western section of Utah during a deer hunting trip some years ago, taught me they they have found ways to take being unfriendly, to a new low level.

Once i had enough and headed across the border to Wyoming, the people were nice as can be. I supose that there are nice people in that part of Utah but two weeks of rudeness was all this country boy could stomach.

Cut Bank, MT.. worst place I've had the pleasure of living. I couldn't get the hell outta there fast enough. Cold, wind like you never believe, meth heads everywhere, and more filth from that rez than you could ever realize.. that place blew!! And this is coming from someone who is born and raised in west TX, and now lives in Tucson (which were choices of several folks on this thread)!! Those places ain't got s*** on Cut Bank!!

Worst place EVER!!!

Gallup is right up there. I was lucky enough to spend a Christmas there once. But I don't think it is too far ahead of Clovis NM. I was stationed there in the AF. They didn't call it the Land of Entrapment for nothing.

Pinedale CA, at least the last time I was there.
Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

HEY ERIC YOUR A FUNNY GUY.....PINEDALE HAS ALOT OF THE FINEST RESTAURANTS IN THE AREA NOW, UPPER END CAR DEALERSHIPS THAT ARE ULTRA EXPENSIVE, BANKS, ELITE BUSINESSES, WORK OUT CLUBS, & EXPENSIVE DRINKING ESTABLISHMENTS IN THE ENTIRE AREA AS OF LATE..........YD.

Chinle Az.I worked for 2 yrs there in 81-82 seemed like 10, Nazlini, Kitsilee, Pinion, Little water Nm.all on the res and were complete holes, have'nt been back and don't care to, Tuba city is/was about the same though closest place to get a beer was Gallup 100 miles away which was the highlight of the week on wednesday nights, to this day I wonder how the hell we made it out of there alive, Very bitter people up there and being there I understand why.

Tagline

Damn, I like Eureka NV, Dushene Ut, Price Ut, Kingman Az. Tuscon too. Something wrong with me??? My first choice would be Los Angeles, Kali with Frisco a close second. Never been to NY,NY or Boston and never want to.

ummm lets see kuwait was crapy to much sand and hot, Baquba iraq sucked mortars and suicide bombers,bagdahd wasnt no fun either. lets see 29 palms cali pretty much sucked. Wow i been lots of bad placeshttp://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg
has anyone seen my kittie

YD, I havent been back to Fresno/Clovis in 20 years. Back then Pinedale was a place to avoid, I guess things can change with the passing of a few years, eh?
Eric

deerline.gif

B_F_E you are corect sir. My sister lives in that hole they call Kingman.

"Thanks climate PhD 202" - TFinalshot Feb-05-08, 02:16 PM (MST)

It sounds like Gallup is the clear winner of crappiest places, but just this last week I drove from Pearsall, Texas to Cedar City, Utah and I would have to say all of texas and Most of New Mexico are the crappiest places around.

Slab City CA. Not a real city, just a bunch of hippies and druggies living in old buses and basic squalor.

Slab City is out by the Salton Sea where 120 degree weather is not uncommon and it gets down to a nice brisk 100 at night during the summer.

Would also have to put in a vote for Los Angeles and San Francisco but more as places i least like being.

It is.....that's why everybody needs to quit hunting here, moving here, and visiting here. Everybody just stay away!!!!

+1 on the you guys need to get out of the country more. There's no decribing the stench of humanity when there is no running water or plumbing.

Otherwise, lived in L.A. for a couple of years after getting my degree, enjoyed the Rodney King riots first hand, and if I ever find myself inhaling that fecal smelling L.A. smog again, it'll be time to slash my wrists.

Give me the clean air of most of the small towns mentioned on this thread.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom