Crawfords during archery?

cavemn5050

Looking for clarification.... in the application book the crawfords is listed as limited entry, but in the hunt tables and maps on the Utah DWR site, the cache archery hunt includes the crawfords in the zone.... Is it legal to hunt there with archery equipment?

Also, I know the Crawfords are usually dependent on the weather pushing the deer over from Wyoming, but has anyone hunted this area during the archery hunt with much success?

Yes you can hunt it on the archery hunt. It's general season for the September muzzy and October rifle too. It's only LE for the late muzzuloader hunt. I know of guys who have hunted it general season rifle, with nothing special to report. There are some resident deer, but you're right the late Wyoming influx is what suposedly makes it special, and even that can be debated.

The migration from Wyoming is the only reason that area gets the LE status. And its pretty well deserving most years as there tends to be good snow, and good bucks pushed over...

At any other time of the year, you'll see a doe and a couple fawns, and not much else. It's not a difficult area to hunt and there are few deer, so you could hunt it out in a couple days probably.

If you have a tag up that way, go give it a shot. I'd just keep the prospects low. :) And be sure to stay in Utah...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom