Crooked Horn Trail Light review

bowhunt

Long Time Member
I think this is a useful and unique flash light.
It is a pretty good device to have especially if you are going to be climbing in a stand.
Here is the review

Backpack Trail Light by Crooked Horn Outfitters
?
Just the Facts:
The new Backpack Trail Light is stabilized by your body?s torso, and whether you place it on your backpack shoulder strap, your Bino-system or clip it into your shirt pocket you have a hands-free, lightweight, and convenient light at the ready 24/7.? Whether you're hiking the back country trails, fishing, camping, setting up camp, or just reading a book in your tent, the Trail Light is perfect for every outdoorsman and family members.
Story:
The great people at Crooked Horn Outfitters, http://crookedhorn.com/cms_ver_03 , were good enough to send us a couple of their new Trail Lights. We have had them for a couple of weeks now and have been very impressed.
The Light clips on about anywhere you want to clip it, and then adjust to point light in 1 or 2 directions. I am not sure how many Lumens this light is, but I am assuming it is about 20.
I used the light last week on a steep, rocky trail that I like to hike. I took off at about 6pm, or 30 minutes after sunset. I clipped the light on and took off. I kept both beams pointed down to the ground and felt that I had amply light to chug along in the dark. It was overcast so, it was DARK.
After hiking for about 30 minutes, I forgot the light was even there, and found I just marched on and did not worry about it.
After spending about an hour hiking, I decided to check out the multi direction capabilities of this light. I approached a decent size tree, and pretended that I was going to climb up it to place a stand. I was happy to find that I could point one beam upwards and adequately see the tree and limbs. This would really be helpful when climbing into a stand. I can aim one beam for my hands, and one for my feet. I can also focus on being safe, not worrying about juggling a flashlight.
The light comes with 2 batteries installed that sit in a little tray. The tray seems secure, and should not have any failures. This light is constructed well, thus we also gave this light a 5 rating for durability.
Crooked Horn also throws in a second set of batteries?I am confident that with the 2 sets of batteries a person could count on this light for 10-12 days of hiking.
Great job Crooked Horn, this is a very useful hiking, hunting, and outdoor tool!
?
What they could do better:
Give me one more clip direction.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom