Curious about Wasatch Extended

R

riflescope

I was looking at the Wasatch Extended boundaries last night and realized how big it really is.

Does all of that area get hit hard with hunters or just certain places?

It seems like a lot of area.

In my experience this year. All of the canyons coming out of the Salt Lake Valley are packed with hunters. But hopefully that doesn't keep you from experiencing it. It was truly A blast!

Get out on a weekday and you won't see anybody. There are spots that get hit hard and other spots that rarely see anybody. It's usually the places that have easy access that get pounded.

I don't know HJB, I went to glass deer for a friend Wed. morning and there were 26 rigs parked around the Parleys, Little Dell, Emigration triangle. Not exactly "nobody" out there, but it is one of the "easier" places to hunt :)

Cheers,
Pete

There are definitely areas that get hammered hard. I've found that the majority of people I see aren't too big on getting very far from the car. Anything past a mile from the vehicle and crowds haven't been an issue for me in the least bit.

Also, if you hunt before November, it seems like the extended is a lot less crowded. As soon as the calendar turned it seemed like everyone that hadn't touched a bow all season was crawling through the hills(close to the car) looking for rutting bucks.

Well C3.....Those are the guys with no jobs or family that spend 100% of thier lives hunting. The rest of us just have to get out when we can.

If it was easy, I would have killed one sometime in the last 9 years of hunting the front.

There are a few area's above Farmington that I have not seen a sole in. There are a couple of decent bucks, but you have to be ready for some serious up hill hiking.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom