CWMU help Utah

WannaB

I'm looking for some basic information on CWMU's in Utah. My Dad is 77 and has 9 Deer points, so I don't think he will be able to draw a decent tag while he can still hunt. It looks like the best option may be one of the CWMU units...I just don't know anything about them. I can't seem to find many resources either. I have called the DWR and they weren't much help. Does anyone know anything about any of the units or is there a resource where I can do my own research? Thanks for the help.

There ought to be several good CWMU hunts that could accommodate your Dad. With 9 points he is a couple years behind on some of the units I'm familiar with. Grass Valley/Clark Canyon would be a great one if he can draw it, took 10 to be 1:1 last year. I took a buddy and his Dad on that unit a couple years back, same age as your Dad roughly. he shot a real nice Buck the first evening, right from the road. It was like the 30th Buck we had seen that day.

Well.... Start calling the operators... By now im sure some are going to be a little cranky with all the people that have contacted them. You can get there numbers on the DNR website when you click on the unit. Ask for rules. Some will only let you bring the hunter and one extra... Some will "guide" you some wont. Ask for dates, if you can camp on the property, UTVs okay to bring? I always ask for pics of the deer they have killed in the last couple years too. Cwmu program has done me well in the past. But I have done my research on them before hand because I know some are a $hit show and treat the draw hunters horrible.

Get on the Utah DWR web site.
Go to the hunt planner.
You can look up tons of info for the CWMUs.

Well.... Start calling the operators... By now im sure some are going to be a little cranky with all the people that have contacted them. You can get there numbers on the DNR website when you click on the unit. Ask for rules. Some will only let you bring the hunter and one extra... Some will "guide" you some wont. Ask for dates, if you can camp on the property, UTVs okay to bring? I always ask for pics of the deer they have killed in the last couple years too. Cwmu program has done me well in the past. But I have done my research on them before hand because I know some are a $hit show and treat the draw hunters horrible.
Thanks for the response. Based on your experiences, any you’d recommend?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom