D6 Die Off?

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
I herd a rumor that area's of D6 had a pretty good die off from a disease of some kind..Herd there were a lot of dead deer found on the winter range.. Any truth to this or is it just another rumor?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I hurd da tame ting....

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

Snort....I've only been up to G37 (d6) a couple times this spring but I have'nt noticed anything out of the ordinary....still seeing about the same amount of deer in about the same areas.....but who am I? I have heard this rumor for a few years now but have'nt seen the evidence in the Tuolemne River Drainage.

On a side note....back in Dec when we did'nt have a drop of snow.... I passed a USFW pickup on a backcountry winter range road with about 40 mineral blocks in the back. Our deer have it pretty damn easy..... They can winter below the snow line every year.....if only we had a dfg that did more than dump 40 F'in mineral blocks out on the winter range. The sierras with its unuiqe climate could produce alot of deer if only we could manage the habitat.

Hardway, this is the first year of the last 8 or so that I didn't take a trip to G-37 in the winter/spring and watch the nice bucks... I bet they were up high on the ridge with the lack of snow?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>Hardway, this is the first year
>of the last 8 or
>so that I didn't take
>a trip to G-37 in
>the winter/spring and watch the
>nice bucks... I bet they
>were up high on the
>ridge with the lack of
>snow?

I drove all the way up to 5 points on crocker ridge around the 1st of january. I then drove all the way up to 5 points on crocker ridge around april 1st and it did'nt snow at all in between....... I think alot of big bucks never left the park this year. I did see alot of does down lower around anderson but they act different than the bucks......If the bucks did come down it was only for the rut and then they moved back up the mountain.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom