Dad finally drew

predator

Very Active Member
My Pops finally drew a bull tag, AW Paunsaugunt. I have not been on the unit for 6 years, and am looking for general info such as road conditions/closures, any typical pattern of elk activity and the like. If any of you would be willing to point a direction in addition, then I'll take that with appreciation. My father has never heard a bull bugle, let alone been in the woods chasing Ole' Stinky, and at 74-years old, this is likely his one and only chance. I'd like to give him a great experience.

Thank you!

Pred

Congrats! have a great hunt, wish I had something helpful for you, hopefully someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

If you want to talk to one of the most knowledgeable Guides on the Paunsaugunt elk unit call Mack Roundy in Glendale. His son Travis at the huntin fool can get you the info. He would be my first choice to help your dad out. Good Luck.SS
www.shanescottoutfitting.com

Pred,
Congrats to your pops! I don't have any info for you, but if you accompany him, it will be the highlight of his hunting adventure. With your experience, I am sure you can find him a good bull. Just hearing the bulls sound off down there and having you by his side will be well worth the wait!

Thanks Little! I really am looking forward to watching his face when he hears his first bugle. I'm sure the look will be the same as mine was when he first took me deer hunting as a young'un. Life has come full-circle. I hope he truly sees what his teachings have grown in me.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom