Dad has 12 points - where would you put in?

pookiebar

The subject says it all. My old man is turning 60 this year, and due to past health issues we are not sure how many more years he can hold out for.

We have a couple units in mind but wondered what other areas you might suggest.

Please PM me if you would prefer.

I am assuming Resident Elk. San Juan Late is a no-brainer to me. He can probably draw it this year.

Grizzly

where ever he can get a tag. let him go have fun while hes able to get around. Its all about the hunt and not the tape.

I would look into a wasatch muzzy tag, should be guaranteed. Lots of bulls, and some fairly easy country. If you go that route pm me I can give you some starting spots. Good luck in the draws this year!

OMG! He's turning 60? He's an old fart and over the hill. He might as well move over, quit hunting and let us younger guys take over from here! LOL

I'll turn 59 this hunting season so I just had to give you a little shiite man!

Good luck to you and your "old" man in the drawings. I hope he can get up the hill! LOL

Zeke

Yeah I guess really 60 isn't THAT old!! But like I said he's had some health issues over the past few years and they seem to come up with more frequency now.

The replies I have gotten so far are right along the lines of what we were thinking.

SJ would be my 1st choice.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

As Utah elk hunts go, I would consider where one live plays into the equation. Especially if you are going DIY and he is wanting to do much scouting. For many of us, the SJ or SW Desert are a long drive away. Also, late hunts are not always a cake walk.
I would also think that at this point, he is probably not going to hold out for a monster so some of the easier to draw units could hold a fine experience for him.
Almost all LE units hold reasonable numbers of 300+" bulls and I wouldn't rule out any of them.
Good luck on helping "the old man"!
By the way...I'm older than he is.

Hey pookiebar,
I hope you realize that I was just "funnin" ya. I only did it because I'm an old Fart just like your dad!

Good luck you guys! Keep us posted when he draws... and scores.

Zeke

+1 Wasatch Muzzy tag. Had a 67 year old guy from virgina that has had 3 bypass surgerys and he had no problem with where we took him in. Unfortunately did kill one but did get a couple of shots and 320 330 bulls. If you decide to go wasatch pm and ill tell you the area that we were in at the time.

Oh I caught the joke. You are just fine. I will let you know what/if he draws a tag.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom