Dad?s in 16E Elk 1st Arrow

Hunt4more

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-19 AT 11:10PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-19 AT 11:07?PM (MST)

Well my dad is in 16E, drove 1400 miles to get there , hunting til the end of the 1st archery. I would be helping him but I leave for an Arizona Elk hunt on Wednesday. Dad?s 72 and a good shot with his bow but hasn't killed a lot of ?bull? elk ( spike in unit 13) He?s not a great caller but good behind the glass and is proficient hunter. He?s hunted with me in 13 and 16b before. Wish I was with him now but since that's not an option I'm trying to line him out with decent access. Btw dad is awful with technology ( tried to get him going on onX hunt with no luck). He?s never hunted 16e before although I hunted a RO tag last year in E

He?s staying in Datil and I have him hunting some ground south of there (the entire unit is south of there ;-) ). I would love nothing more than for his solo success on a mature bull in this next week.

Some people may know me on here and know that I'm one to pay forward and help others on this site when I am able

I have dad running and gunning in the am and sitting water in the evening. This Couple sections of ground may not produce though and that's hunting. Might it be reasonable to request for any direction (pm) where I could point dad in terms of areas that have had historical success from fellow M/M?s ?

All the best and good luck to all hunters this fall.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom