Dad's B-day/retirement Fishing Trip

couesbitten

We bought my dad a guided sturgeon fishing trip for his B-day/retirement. We decided that my two brothers, bro-in-law, and I should all go along to keep Dad company. In 7 hours, we caught 15 fish. 3 about 2 ft, 11 that were 3 - 4.5 ft, and one that was an honest 10 ft. Unreal! That big one took an hour to get in and took us about 1.5 miles downstream. Can't wait to go again, enjoy the pics.

HPIM0862.jpg

102_1401.jpg

102_1381.jpg

HPIM0893.jpg

HPIM0859.jpg

Brother fighting the big one.
HPIM0868.jpg

Big one coming up from the deep after a one hour fight.
DSCN1767.jpg

HPIM0872.jpg

Getting the big one unhooked
HPIM0874.jpg

HPIM0879.jpg

HPIM0881.jpg

Heading back to the dock after a hard day of fighting big fish.
HPIM0896.jpg

looks like a ton of fun, good that you got to share that with your dad and brothers

Oops, since this was supposed to be my Dad's fishing trip, I guess I should include a picture or two of him.

Here he is taking his turn fighting the big one.
HPIM0864.jpg

And with a couple of smaller ones that he caught.
HPIM0882.jpg

HPIM0890.jpg

Right on!! Looks like good times. Gotta ask ya whereabouts you were.....looks like familiar waters. :)

Thanks for the comments, sorry about not responding sooner. I've been on a backpack trip for three days. We were fishing the Columbia just above the I-82 bridge between WA and OR. Scott

Way to go Coues!! I live in Kent, WA and have always wanted to go sturgeon fishing but have never gone. I'm 50 yo now and seeing those pictures have made my mind up for sure to book a sturgeon trip for my two sons and me. It looks like you had a blast!! It gets me kinda teary eyed looking at the pics of your dad and you. I lost my dad three years ago and we hunted and fished together every chance we could. I miss our time together alot. Cherish your folks guys. Life is short.

You should definately go, you'll love it! Give Chris Roney at Mid-Columbia Excursions a call at 509-430-5790. We had a blast and are planning to go again soon, but this time I'm taking my wife, son and daughter. Scott

Looks like someone else has been bitten by the sturgeon bug. Looks like you had a great time. I go down to the Columbia every year and fish out of Astoria. Sturgeon Rock!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom