Dad's Hard Earned Deer

sandhillhunter

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-12 AT 07:52PM (MST)[p]Finally got around to uploading a picture of my Dad's 2011 Southeastern NM Muley. This was a hard earned deer to say the least. He grew up hunting the area and with his dad, grandad, brothers, and uncles, they busted many a canyon in pursuit of muleys. This one is a trophy public land muley in our book any day.

Thanks to the hard work of my brother (the fit youngster on the right) with many, many hours and miles of scouting and research, we finally have learned a bit about where these deer like to hide.

Dadsdeer.jpg

Thank you both. He was very lucky- not because he shot the fine buck, but because he had 2 sons gullible enough to bone it out and pack it out 2.5 miles round trip!

Nice, The guy is the middle is a sharp guy.
Always take a weak-mind and strong back pair with you for packing. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Beautiful mature buck. Public land, SE NM that buck there is I bet in the top couple percent of bucks taken last year.
Congrats to your Dad, and you better have carried his gun out for him to. :)

>Thank you both. He was
>very lucky- not because he
>shot the fine buck, but
>because he had 2 sons
>gullible enough to bone it
>out and pack it out
>2.5 miles round trip!

I was going to ask...what the secret, where do these deer hide, but the "2.5 miles round trip", tells me everything I need to know!:D

Congrats to your Dad!!

A couple more pictures. He got to carry the glory load. And, yes, we carried his rifle for him!

Dadsdeer03.jpg

The secret was simple- walk your tail off every day for 4 days, then shoot like The Rifleman when you finally bust 2 mature bucks out of a remote canyon.

Dadsdeer02.jpg

OK...I'll admit...I was Mr. Guillable #2.

Or maybe I was the most guillable...we packed this one out just after I got back to the truck helping my friend with another several mile round trip pack out.

GREAT BUCK.....congrads to all 3 of ya on a job well deone....

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

That first pic is a GREAT shot! Everybody looks just tickled - if that ain't what it's all about....

If that was my family, I'd blow it up to poster size and hang it above my hunting bench in the garage.

Congratulations.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom