Dam NDOW!

ELKOHUNTER

Very Active Member
Why in the heck do they think they need to fly for dogs????? Put the money into hunting Lions and leave the coyotes alone! Let us kill them! How meny Deer/elk and antelope do they kill in a year??? Lions kill one DEER a week! HELLO!

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

NDOW doesn't fly for dogs.

But ADC does.

Do a search for the Nevada Trapline. It shows all predator control efforts by the state department of agriculture.

Coyotes are way harder on deer than lions!!! Like to beleive it or not. How many lions have you seen this year? I doubt any!! for every lion there are 50 coyotes out there eating deer and antelope.

They need to bring back poison IMO.

NVMDF

As stated, NDOW does NOT fly for coyotes.
Also as stated, YOU do not kill enough of them each year.
And also as stated coyotes probably do more damage to deer than lions.

So let me get this stright.... You guys are okay with spending your money to kill dogs that eat/kill more things then just big game. To this day I have not seen a deer killed by a Coyotes. But You think That we do enough to take care of the #1 killer (Lions) in NV that Really only eats big game. Okay thats nice to know.

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

I think these guys are right, coyotes will eat alot of deer fawns and antelope fawns. Probably most of the flying your seeing is for the ranchers and sheep herders, taking out coyotes before the calving season and the sheep grazeing starts. Money talks!
Do lions kill deer? yes of course they do, but they are right when they say that for every lion there are 50 coyotes, actually i would think that number is alot higher!
I've seen over 40 coyotes on 1 dead cow. And they ate that cow down to less than 2 feet of spine in less than 24 hours. You won't see a yote kill simply cause there is nothing left.
Lions will sit on a kill and only eat very little of it, and really how many lion kills have you seen also.
Want to get rid of lions? Get out and hunt them either with someone who has lion dogs, or even without. Alot of lion guys will also let alot of lions go, either because they are too small, or alot of the time just so they have something to chase in the future...dead lions don't make tracks!

You have never witnessed a coyote(pack) in the act of killing a deer? Ok, I will go along with that....Follow those same bucks you were hunting this August at 10,000 ft down to their winter range. Wait a month until we have another big storm before you go though...those deer motor right through major powder in their weakened condition. It's amazing!! There is no feasible way that sportcallers alone can even dent the coyote populations. I have not called this year, but killed 6 coyotes during the fall of 2010. I saw on the highway/didn't shoot at a minimum of 40 more. These are just the dogs that I saw in open country....I wonder how many I just drove right by in the thick sage. On a different note, how many lions have you actually witnessed killing a deer?

I am not saying that lions don't kill deer. You can throw the "lions kill a deer a week" figure at me until you are blue in the face. Good for them....in this argument it is not relevant. What some people do not realize is the number of lions may or may not be at an all time high, but it is still a FRACTION compared to the number of coyotes...

Just from my trip to area 10 last season, on two separate occasions, I saw several coyotes chasing does. The first time it was up above Angel Lake and we just stopped and watched 3 yotes in pursuit of a doe. It was a pretty cool site....not something you see everyday. Three days late at Krenka (sp?), we say two yotes chasing a doe. Again....kinda cool but really makes you stop to think how many they get a hold of. Just my two cents.

Steve
I got put in time out for a bad signature! Sorry Founder...

i remember reading a study one time where they were trying to remove the coyotes from an area. Although i can't remember the exact numbers it stated that in order to get a control on the population that something like 85% of the coyotes in an area would have to be removed every year for 5 years in a row to do any good.
Removal of any predator is a good thing.

I have seen deer chasing coyotes quite a few times, but have never seen coyotes chasing deer, I don't really spend that much time watching deer in the winter though.

I've seen a coyote chase a deer over a hill, then a couple minutes later the deer chase the coyote back over the hill right on its ass.

In 2006 during the muzzle loader hunt in area 10, I watched 3 coyotes kill a fawn deer. 3 hours later, I returned to the spot, and kicked up probably 100 birds total, and those 3 coyotes. There was nothing left of that deer! I have watched coyotes play cat and mouse with antelope and their fawns. Coyotes are very skilled when it comes to killing fawns. In one other hunt, I was walking along a ridge deer hunting. there was a lot of aspen down below. I heard a commotion, and just sat and waited. A couple minutes later, a fawn deer popped up out of the aspen into the sage. We locked eyes for a minute, the it looked back and took off to my right. I stood up and out popped a coyote from behind! I tried to get a shot at that coyote, but he was moving too fast after he saw me. I think I at least saved that fawn for that day from that coyote, but who knows if it made it much longer than that.

You won't see a coyote kill because they are gone so fast between the coyotes and the birds that there is nothing left.

I have hunted lions now for 6 winters. I have found a few deer kills, but not a ton. I have also found horse kills, rabbit kills, chukar, and other small game that were killed by lions. If you think that lions only eat deer, you are kidding yourself. I will also find at LEAST 10 coyote tracks to one lion track in the mountains. Thats not counting whats in the valleys eating the deer out there where the lions generally don't go.

And how many lions and coyotes have you killed this year?

I have killed one lion - a young tom - out of 5 total lions caught (two other females, one with two kittens), and 3 coyotes - 2 with a car and 1 with a gun.

Anyway, happy hunting!

Marcial

Also - not sure when the people have seen the deer chasing the coyotes - but I have seen that happen with antelope, and it usually does when they have young fawns close. I think the coyotes try to get the fawns, and the mamma chases the coyote down.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-11 AT 12:18PM (MST)[p]In the winter when the snow gets deep and crusted is when the coyotes are really hard on the deer. A couple weeks ago i found were a pack of five ran a three point buck into a fence it happend early that morning and he was gone by around noon. Two years ago there were two collered rams that were killed in lincon county that were killed by coyotes. We are in a bad spot the days of the government trapper and the plane could be over its not looking good for that branch.

And anyone that runs livestock can apply for an areial depradation permit.

Want to control Nevada lions, Issue a 5$ lion tag with each deer permit, let us chase them on the cheap, set a few quotas, and Nevada cats will be under control. BH1

>Want to control Nevada lions, Issue
>a 5$ lion tag with
>each deer permit, let us
>chase them on the cheap,
>set a few quotas, and
>Nevada cats will be under
>control. BH1

Already done. NV lion tags cost $29 and you can click a box when you apply for other big game tags to get one online/by mail. Season is 365 days, and you can even buy two tags. How much easier can it be?

I don't know about all the western states, but to my knowledge, NV has the most liberal lion hunt in the country.

I'm so sick of hearing that old stat that people throw out about lions eating 52 deer per year. Someone please prove that to me or show me where that "fact" came from.

As stated above, lions eat deer, sheep, elk, horses, coyotes, rabbits, porcupines, skunks, other lions, etc. etc.

Also state above, sport hunters can't even put a dent in the number of coyotes killed by Wildlife Services.

BH1, if you think the cost of a tag is the expensive part of lion hunting then I'd like to find and sell you some dogs, pickups, snowmobiles, atvs, tracking collars, fuel, dog boxes, vet bills, dog food, kennels, etc. The cost of the tag is so cheap I'll buy you one if you think you can "control" lions without the rest.

>BH1, if you think the cost
>of a tag is the
>expensive part of lion hunting
>then I'd like to find
>and sell you some dogs,
>pickups, snowmobiles, atvs, tracking collars,
>fuel, dog boxes, vet bills,
>dog food, kennels, etc. The
>cost of the tag is
>so cheap I'll buy you
>one if you think you
>can "control" lions without the
>rest.

+1

If I didn't have lion hounds and hunt an average of 8 or so days a month for them, I might actually have some money, a nice house, or a lot of money tied up in another rediculously expensive hobby.

This is funny! Some will never have a clue. We don't have a lion problem, if any its that we have killed to many! We do have to many coyotes. I have hunted lions for twelve years and I don't believe they kill even a quarter of the deer some like to say. I'm typing on my phone so this may come out worse than normal.

"we have killed to many"
lol how does that work??

They should make the deer tags into deer/lion tags. I think Idaho does that. Basically if you see a lion you can tag it with your deer tag. Ya you give up your deer tag but how many lions do you all have hanging on your wall?

Last week I saw a single coyote chasing a doe in the snow. I was on highway 28 about 5 miles west of Carson City and couldn't pull over, But I would bet money on it that the coyote took her down. He was gaining fast and only about 3 feet behind her. They do more damage then people think.

How much harder can it be to spend the extra $29 for a lion tag!!

We don't need to make it so you can kill a lion with a deer tag!!

If you are so concerned about the lion population -

1. Buy a tag - $29 is cheap compared to trucks, ammo, gas, food, etc TWENTY NINE DOLLARS

2. Go hunt if there are so many around that they are so easy to hunt.

3. When you figure out how difficult it is to get one without hounds, go spend some money on getting set up for hounds and see how long that lasts and how long it takes to get good at catching lions. If you just catch two per year, and kill them, and then let the dogs stay in the kennel or on the chain for the rest of the year, you realize how expensive it really is compared to that $29. And the dogs don't get very good sitting in a kennel or on a chain for 11 months out of the year.

I don't know how it can be any easier to have the opportunity to kill a lion than it already is!!

I'll type slow so you can keep up. In the east part of our state every dumb azz that got into lion hunting in the last ten years has killed every yearling lion out there. Not that long ago you could pick the track you wanted to run, now you may look for a week before finding a track. All this with the same deer population. Like it was said by another member show me your data that shows a lion kills a deer a week and nothing else. Your original post is very uneducated and uninformed.lol

That would be 104$, for a non-resi lion tag, as for the cost involved with hounds Im fully aware. It would be nice to have when Im killing Nevada coyotes all winter, for free. BH1

ELKOHUNTER -

Thanks for those links.

But I still will argue that coyotes do more damage to deer than do lions.

I have no problem with the "1 deer (or equivalent of meat) per week" rule. It makes sense that they will have to kill more in the summer than the winter.

I also will buy that there are alot of factors involved in how soon a lion has to make another kill. Scavengers, how many kittens a lion has, getting pushed away from the kill, spoilage, and who knows how many other things that would cause a lion to either "loose" or abandon its kill.

But we can't really count how many lions are out there because its almost impossible to do. Also, when one lion gets killed, especially in the desert, along the California or Oregon borders, or in areas where there are large areas that rarely get hunted for lions, there is another lion that will move right in to where that 1st lion was killed from.

I have also noticed that when a lion population "estimate" is done, it invovles ALL lions, young and old. When deer, elk, or sheep population estimates are done, it is only ADULT deer. The spring counts still do not count the previous years fawns. That is a lot of deer still out there that do not make the count.

I do know one thing though. I see a lot more coyote tracks than lion tracks. And I have seen coyotes kill fawns, and it be gone that day.

So if there are 10 times (or more) coyotes than lions, and 3 coyotes can 2 fawns in a week, then it all adds up fast.

I also believe that if we improve that habitat, so that the deer can spread out more, and have better cover to escape from predators (lions and coyotes), then deer WILL do better. With our current situation, lions or coyotes can camp out on a bunch of deer grouped tight together and have their way. If the deer could spread out more, and had cover to escape to, then I think the predators would have a harder time making kills.

Also, if there was better habitat, then other animals would thrive, giving the coyotes more to eat as well, such as mice, rabbits, birds, etc.

Later,

Marcial

Buckhunter1 -

A couple questions

1 - Have you ever encountered a lion while hunting coyotes in NV for free? And how many coyotes have you encountered?

2 - How much does it cost you every winter to hunt coyotes in NV every year, and how does that compare to the cost of the lion tag? I am guessing in two weekends, you paid at least that much in gas if cover any amount of country hunting coyotes. The $104 still seems pretty small to me as well.

mevertsen

Good post.

Well after reading those I must say you do know what you are talking about. Kidding. Those are a joke, anyone can write stuff like that. For God sake Elko Daily free press keeps putting stuff in from hunters alert and Alliance for Wildlife and calling it finding of facts from the mule deer restoration committee. They have no clue about anything. I guess what I'm saying is don't just read something that any Joe Blow writes and think it is fact. It's hard to blow smoke up the azz of the people that spend time out there and hunt lions. If a lion killed a deer every week we would have no deer left in a years time. It just don't add up.

Elkohunter, thoughts about your links.

Link #1. WTF is the ABUNDANT WILDLIFE SOCIETY OF NORTH AMERICA? Never heard of them before.

Link #2. The Lance Armstrong Foundation? Seriously?
About this Author
Jayne Yenko started writing professionally in 1988. Her articles have appeared in the "Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune," the "Wisconsin State Extension" and at Westwood College Online. She holds a Master of Arts degree in education with an emphasis in home economics from the University of Iowa.

Link #3. Wikipedia? Really? You do know where the information in Wikipedia comes from, right? It's submitted by folks on the internet. There is no requirement or verification that it is accurate. I did find this excerpt especially interesting:
"Due to excessive hunting following the European colonization of the Americas and the continuing human development of cougar habitat, populations have dropped in most parts of its historical range."

It's better then the ammo you two have brought up in the favor of killing more Coyotes. ;-) Just sayin.

I don't care if we kill more coyotes or not. I feel predation is a natural part of wildlife. I chase and kill lions and I also trap and kill coyotes. I do this because I love being out doors not because I think we need to kill all of them. When I first got into lion hunting my friends and myself thought lions were killing a ton of deer. We were going to do our best to kill as many as possible. It didn't take but a couple of years to understand that those screaming about lions have no clue what they are talking about. Then I got involved with local and state wildlife meetings and spent lots of hours with biologist and flying with them also. Long story short it was only about twelve years ago that I had a very different opinion than I have today. Back then I listened to people that talked like they had facts and knew what they talked about. Fact is they didn't and there is a lot of false propaganda out there. Don't believe ever thing you read and hear get out in the field and learn.

Mevertsen, to answer your question Ive seen two lions while calling yotes. Been at it since 1989 mostly on the dry creek rim area and most adjoining border lands. I hunt chuckers much more than I hunt the dogs, mostly in the same areas, Ive seen 1 lion while chaseing chuckers. I live just over the border in Kali. It only costs me a few dollars to run my quad all over that part of Nevada. Probably average 1 day a week from Oct to Feb. I guess my point is this. A guy can hunt yotes with no hunting license and no tags ( my four boys go with me when they can for free) why not throw in a lion if they think they need to control them? Just a little non- resi butt hurt at all the fees we get hammered with. BH1

OK -

Here's why they can't just throw in a lion for free.

Lions are a game animal. Have been since the late 60's. They are also game animals in all other western states, except for Texas, and have been since about that same time frame (late 60's to mid 70's).

In the late 60's, California shut down lion hunting. By looking at the time frames involved with it, I am pretty sure that all the other states saw the writing on the wall if they did not make the lions a game animal and started counting what was being killed.

If lions are removed from protected status, then there is no need to check them in. Then there are no numbers to prove how many have been killed in a given time frame. There are no age estimates, NOTHING.

NOTHING is what the anti hunters need to shut down lion hunting.

If the state cannont show some data that shows the age, and numbers of lions that are being killed, and can show with some logic (however flawed it may be), that the lions are healthy and not in danger of becoming extint, then all is ok.

As soon as we loose that status, and stop collecting data on lions, then everything goes out the window. No one will have any hard data as to the animals being killed, ages, numbers, etc. As far as you, me, or the anti hunters are concerned, they may as well be endangered.

A quick law suit in federal court, a liberal judge, and a state with no data to defend what they are being sued for, and PRESTO, no more lion hunting.

That's how close we are to loosing it.

In 2009 and 2010, the current commission was pushing HARD to get lions changed from a game animal to something else.

Predator, fur bearer, and a number of other different definitions. Basically make it easier to kill the lions, all in the name of deer.

They have no clue how much of an impact that would have on the state. The guiding industry for lions would tank. They are hunted for trophy, on the sports side of it. No question. People from out of state will probably put 5 grand or more into the economy when its all said and done. With the guide fee, food, etc, etc.

Illiminating it as a game animal would also be a shot to the nuts for the people that have their name in the books already, because in order for an animal to be entered, it has to be a game animal.

As a whole, compared to the other animals, is the lion tag fee excessive? MAYBE. I don't really see why it needs to be as high as it is, but it is there, not much we can do to change that.

So, my suggestion is either buy a lion tag and have it in your pocket if you are already buying the hunting license anyway.

If you see a lion and want to kill it, ok, its legal, no problem.

But don't think that just because you killed that lion you saved a ton of deer, especially if you hunt on the border land. There is one waiting to takes its place and start eating what the other lion was already.

To think that killing a lion is going to save a ton of deer, is just clouded logic IMO.

Happy hunting, and good luck on the birds.

Marcial

That is the nail on the head!! A dominant male will control the lions in an area better than us after we kill him.

Amazing how many TARDS out there that think the Hounders get rich by taking TARDS Lion hunting!

They beat more equipment up than they can possibly pay for with these low paying/Freebie Hunters!

Ya,Coyotes don't do any damage,it's always the Lions according to all the Pro's here at MM!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!
What Voltage of Cordless Sawzall are you running & what's your quickest Drive-By at hackin the Horns off of RoadKills?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-11 AT 08:31AM (MST)[p]An old lion hunter told me that the worst thing you can do is kill the big dominant male lions. Also Lions and deer evolved together, where humans go after the biggest males, lions dont, in fact they get the weak, sick, and slowest first. We say things like" that 5 year old trophy buck bred plenty of does", but we have been hunting deer human style for a very short period of time, the jury is sill out on the overall effects of selectively killing the biggest and best males.

Ferocious appetites: Study finds mountain lions may be eating more than previously believed

By BRETT FRENCH Of The Gazette Staff The Billings Gazette | Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 12:30 am | (3) Comments

Mountain lions were treed in the winter to capture them for collaring in the Canadian study. The study found that adult male lions were more likely to kill less but bigger prey than females.
Related: Mountain lion study
Mountain lions, the largest members of the cat family in North America, may be heartier eaters than some researchers originally estimated.

?One of the most interesting things we found was how much more prey they kill in summer,? said Kyle Knopff, lead author of a three-year Canadian mountain lion study that was recently published in the Journal of Wildlife Management. ?Just how focused they become on young of the year ungulates was surprising.?

GPS aids study

Knopff is basing his conclusions on data collected from more than 1,500 kill sites while tracking 54 cougars with GPS collars. The collars allowed the University of Alberta researchers, including his wife Aliah, to move in quickly after a kill to identify what was taken and by which lion.

In the journal article Knopff writes that some previous studies ?may have failed to identify higher kill rates for large carnivores in summer because methods in those studies did not permit researchers to locate many neonates or because sample size was too small.?

The use of GPS collars enabled Knopff and his colleagues to collect more data. As a result, he found that mountain lions killed more deer, elk and moose during the summer by focusing on juveniles and actually killed fewer animals in winter. The information contradicts previous studies conducted in Idaho.

?The Idaho estimates differed from our summer estimates by as much as 365 percent in terms of frequency of killing and 538 percent in terms of prey biomass,? Knopff wrote. ?Because kill rate fundamentally influences the effect predators have on their prey, the discrepancy between studies represents a substantial difference in the capacity for cougars to impact ungulates.?

Built to kill

The study was conducted over 10 years in west-central Alberta, including the Bow Valley, Jasper National Park, portions of Banff National Park and in Clearwater County east of Banff. The terrain of the study area was a mixture of lodgepole pine and spruce forests at elevations ranging from 2,500 to 9,300 feet. The mountain lions' prey included deer, elk, bighorn sheep, coyotes, feral horses, beaver and porcupines.

Cougars aren't easy creatures to study. The secretive animals range widely to hunt - 250 to 600 square miles for males, 60 to 125 square miles for females.

Adult male cougars can weigh 140 to 165 pounds. One male cougar in Knopff's study tipped the scales at 180 pounds and primarily fed on moose and feral horses. Females typically weigh around 100 pounds. From nose to tail the big cats can measure 6.5 to 10 feet long. The average lifespan for a male is 8 to 10 years, 12 to 14 for females.

Great leapers and sprinters, cougars kill by latching onto their prey with their front claws and powerful forelegs and then biting the windpipe or spine along the neck with their large canine teeth. For smaller prey, lions may crush the animal's skull. On rare occasions lions have been known to attack humans.

?Our kill rate estimates indicate that adult cougars are highly effective predators, killing at rates at the upper end of those recorded for wolves in both frequency and biomass,? Knopff wrote.

In one prey encounter they studied, Knopff said a cougar brought down a feral horse less than 30 yards from where it attacked.

?I think our study showed they are very efficient predators,? he said.

Because of their adaptability, cougars are found from the Yukon to the Andes of South America, a larger range than any other big mammal in the Americas.

Study findings

In studying cougar kill sites, the researchers publicized a couple of interesting details. One is that that female mountain lions with kittens kill more deer; the other is that adult male lions kill larger but fewer animals.

?We had one male cougar kill 18 moose in less than a year,? Knopff said.

Based on the Canadian data, the cougars killed on average .8 ungulates (mainly whitetail deer and moose) a week, an average of about 18 pounds a day. That statistic varied widely, though, based on the individual - from a low of .24 ungulates to a high of 1.38, or 18 to 41 pounds a day.

Those ungulates targeted tended to be young of the year or adults with yearlings, largely because they were easier to subdue.

Deer made up more than 75 percent of the diet for adult female lions in winter and summer. Adult males had a more varied diet, concentrating on moose (36 percent) in the summer and deer (44 percent) in the winter. All told, adult males targeted large ungulates for 62 percent of their diet. Subadult lions also ate more deer than other species, but like human teenagers they also varied their diet more opportunistically than adults.

On average, adult males killed an estimated 10,300 pounds of biomass annually compared to 9,400 pounds killed by females with young kittens.

Humans vs. cougars

Aliah Knopff said her portion of the study focused more on cougar-human interactions and the lion's habitat selection.

She said that as people have continued to build in more remote areas, cougars have had to adapt.

?These are actually quite adaptable carnivores,? she said, from changing their movements to become more nocturnal and avoid humans, to finding undisturbed islands within development to live in - such as along pipelines or well sites. The same can't be said for many other carnivores.

These more urban lions are mainly limited by human tolerance, she said. The people in rural Alberta who were interviewed for the study valued cougars highly, but not if they were killing pets or livestock.

?That's the challenge for cougar conservation when the backyard is becoming more overlapping,? she said.

Possible uses

Lion hunting is allowed in many Western states, including Montana and Wyoming. Hunters track and tree the big cats with hounds. Cougar kills are carefully regulated by state wildlife agencies.

Knopff writes that the Canadian study could be used by game managers to better calculate mountain lions' take of game animals and in turn reduce lion numbers to benefit deer, elk and moose populations. For example, hunting female cougars could reduce the number of deer taken in a specific area.

But such management can also produce unpredictable outcomes, he added. A lion population that is younger may lead to increased confrontations with humans.

----------------------------------------
Measure wealth by the things you have,, for which you would not take money.

elkohunter,

Really, those are your resources? LOL.

Lions kill deer, coyotes kill deer. There are many, many more coyotes throughout the state of Nevada. They kill lots more big-game than lions overall.

nvmuley

Good read!

BBB

Show me. Show me where a coyote, who's diet is made up of a wide range of anything from grasshoppers to deer. Kills more deer then a Mt lion who's diet is 90% big game. "On average, adult males killed an estimated 10,300 pounds of biomass annually". Holy #####!
I'm sorry but I still can't see coyotes killing that meny deer. If I'm wrong I would be more then happpy to admit to it. But So far no one has showed me that I am.

You stated in your original post that you damned NDOW for flying for coyotes...its been stated that NDOW does not fly for yotes...that the flying you are seeing is more than likely for a cattleman or sheepman. So your sportsman dollars or tax dollars are probably not going to fuel that plane that you saw. I'm pretty sure that NDOW or someone still pays for state trappers to take lions, and maybe even in some cases yotes. Not sure, just remembering that they used to.
Since your finding studys for how many animals lions kill, see if you can find one that has studied kills from coyotes, especially on a winter range condition. I'm sure there is one out there.
But your not going to convince anyone that coyotes do not eat big game animals..they simply do. I think everyone is agreed that both lions and yotes eat deer/elk etc.
No doubt you would agree that the number of coyotes far out numbers the lions? They may not take much big game in the summer..but they sure do in the winter! Therefore...isn't a dead coyote a good thing?
A mature male lion will control lion populations better than we ever can..simply by killing inmature males and young cubs.

Your resources could use a bit of touching up tho.

"coyotes do not eat big game animals.." I never said that and I do not bleive that. They do.

"No doubt you would agree that the number of coyotes far out numbers the lions?"
By far!

"Therefore...isn't a dead coyote a good thing?"
By all means yes!

Hee hee....don't get your panties in a bunch! Oh,and it's i before e, remember that it will take you far!
Really tho..you are so much fun to give s*** to! Sometimes i just wait for you posts! Don't take offense to it, nothing serious!
The argument of lion vs yote can and will go on forever. If dogs out number lions 50-1, and in reality it is probably much much higher, and those dogs are taking even 1/10th the deer or antelope that a lion takes, well then the coyotes still take more. You will never kill off or ever lower the coyote population without some very serious and extreme control measures. I don't have an opinion if more lions need to be taken out or not, probably a good thing on one hand, not good on the other. I think that would depend on who you talk to, depending on what interests they had.

Lol I had to read it twice before I saw that! I'm glad to hear that you injoy giving me crap. lol. And "your" has a "R" on the end ;-)

Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house.......injoy.....

Does anyone know how to stop receiving emails when new posts are made once you have checked that you would like to receive them?

P.S. I before E....except after C....as in receive...

ya saw the missing 'r' after i posted, didn't change it, wanted to see if you would catch it. It's all in good fun! Injoy...like that one too! Have a good day EH! Go kill a coyote, i killed a couple the other day!

Gudari...yes except after c! Got to remember that one! All the windows in my house got knocked out a long time ago!

This NV_hunter is in no way related to or affiliated with nvhunter. Quit PM-ING me for posts he writes!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom