Danner Hunting Boots

Thunderclapper

A customer service rep at Danner told me today that the company will start making its stitch-down, bob soled, made in the USA hunting boots again, beginning in early 2011. I hope they bring back all the previous models.

I hope so! I wish they would make the Pronghorns here as well. I would pay for the USA and quality made!

They need to do something, including bring back the Santiams. With the exception of my Pronghorns, I have not been happy with anything from them
since my Danner Special Forces duty boots.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Pronghorns and the other boots made in China will still be made there. The USA made hunting boot models that were discontinued about a year ago are being brought back. Boots like the Hawk, Raptor, Santiam, and Trophy. I'm not sure specifically which ones are returning, just that I called to complain about the loss of the Santiam and the rep said they're bringing them all back.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-10 AT 11:26AM (MST)[p]I also love my Pronghorns. My wife got them for me for Christmas several years ago. From the get-go, they have felt like they came out of the box already broke in. I doubt if I will ever buy anything else.

"Danner-up big man, let's go hunting"

I used to really like my Danners (6 pairs) until I tried the Schnees Beartooth. The Beartooth is in a league of its own and I will not buy Danners or any other brand again. Much better quality with the Schnees.

I have bought a total of 6 pairs of Pronghorns (2) and Desert TFX (4) in my life and love every pair of them, I still have 5 pair of them.

My experiences of late with Danner only solidify my loyalty. I bought two pair of TFX to take with me to officer candidate school, one pair for some reason was real rough on my toes and the other was not. When I got home I wrote Danner a letter explaining as such, my positive history with thier TFX and sent the pair back to them. I had a brand new pair on my door steps in less than a week, the pair replaced had something wrong with it as the new pair is perfect as usual.

I recently took similar actions with my one pair of pronhorns I purchased in 2007 that had a toe cap coming unglued, had been that way almost from the beginning I just ignored it. They sent me a brand new pair of the upgraded model.

The boots work best for me and their customer service is top notch.

I was on the Danner site yesterday and the Santiams are back along with most of the other previously offered stitch down hunting boots.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom