Daughter's First Speed Goat

bigbull1

Very Active Member
My daughter Kristy, took her first big game animal on Saturday in Northern Nevada. We had a made a couple of stalks the day before, one which was a 1 1/2 mile stalk which involved us both belly crawling the last 65 yards. The buck which followed his does to the bottom of a coulee decided to leave as we closed the distance and she was setting up to shoot. She also let two other bucks go that were fairly small. We had a great first day, seeing lots of animals and country.

The next morning at about 8:30am, we had stopped to glass and she spotted this buck at over a mile away. We set up the spotter and this buck came to us on a string while we watched him for over ten minutes. At 350 yards she said "Dad, take the spotter off", which I did. She set up on the tripod and when the buck stopped at 155 yards she said "I'm going to take this buck", and a second later she cranked off her 270 making a perfect hit behind the left shoulder. The buck did a death lunge forward, went 15 more yards and piled up.

She is one happy girl and I am extremely proud and happy for her.

VIslandandKristyAntelope090.jpg

VIslandandKristyAntelope092.jpg

Ed
48b2cf5644f5a182.jpg

www.huntpacks.com

GREAT !!! I remember my sons first antelopes and looking forward to seeing my grand kids take there first animal. Good Job and many more !

Congrats to your daughter Kristy on a nice first Lope, makes you proud I'm sure. She must get the good looks from her Mother...LOL.

Brian

Congrads to you guys a happy daughter and a proud dad.

Good job...

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

I'm counting the days(years actually) until I can do that with my kids. Thanks for sharing and congrats to you both!

Aim Center Mass
rifleman.gif

Very cool. Congrats to both of you. Looks like you'll be doubling up on the hunting budget from now on!

Spectacular goat and a great first big game critter. Looks like she was also very happy with it. Congrats on getting another lady involved in our great sport.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

National guard archery staff shooter

Outstanding!! Kristi is really putting the pressure on us old goats hunting goats this year.

RUS

Way to go Kristy and Dad! Nice goat for sure. I'll bet your super proud of her. Can't wait to get my daughter out next year.

Nice goat! That is a great job - congrats to both of you. Sounds like one heck of a daddy-daughter weekend!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Thank you all for the kind words.

Yep, it doesn't get any better than seeing your children enjoy the outdoors, hunting and conservation as much as you do. No doubt she will be a hunter and sportswomen for many years.

And yes, she definitely gets her good looks from her mother, LOL!

Ed
48b2cf5644f5a182.jpg

www.huntpacks.com

that's a great looking goat! goes great with that great smile...kudo's for the well done job! my son whos 14 just got his 1st speedy saturday as well!(he nevers smiles like your daughter for a camera! maybe for a nice buck!)..
rackmaster

Thats awesome!!! Congrats to you and your daughteron a good antelope buck

The smile on her face says it all

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

Sweet pictures! Congratulations.

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

NICE JOB!!!

YOU GOT ANY MORE PICTURES???

THATS A NICE BUCK!!!

WAY TO GO!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Great job! Nice buck! Still dreaming about drawing my NV speed goat tag. How many points did your daughter have?

Congrats Kristy! And Ed I bet your proud I would be I have two more years before daddy's little girl can hunt big game can't wait .
Good Luck and Great Memories

Ed and Kristy,
That's what lasting memories are made of, congratulations again to both of you.
OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed taters and gravy.

That is awesome! I'm sure you were as stoked as she was when you walked up on that downed animal. I take my girl out for her first BG animal next year. I can't wait!

Steve

Very cool, nice buck too. Those pictures are priceless.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

It's great to seeing that smile lighting up her face like that, it don't get much better than that. Congrats on a nice buck.

Great Job and congrats to your daughter!
It is awesome to be able to take your kids out and help them with their first big game animals, but something about it being a daughter makes it that much more special.
It is something she will always remember and will create many exciting and wonderful hunting years to come..
Rick

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom