Day Packs

couesbitten

I know that this subject has been discussed before. I am looking to get a good pack that I can hunt all day with, and then load up with half a boned out deer for packin' out. I've looked at the Eberlestock Just One, Badlands 2200 & 2800, Kelty Packs, etc. and am leaning towards the Blacks Creek Alaskan. Has anybody used this pack, and what are your thoughts, good and bad? Thanks for your help. Scott/couesbitten

Couesbitten,

I don't have any personal experience with the Black's Creek although I have looked at them. They look well built.

I do own a Badlands 2200 and I love it. Works exactly as advertised and second to none with the warranty. Cool thing is that there are alot of really well built packs available for us hard core hunters.

One thing I wish about the 2200 though. It needs to have the ability to add a rifle scabbard of sorts. I am waiting for a response from Badlands regarding that exact feature.

Good luck!

Firehawk

Firehawk, Like I said, I've looked at all of them, and if I don't get the Blacks Creek, the Badlands 2200 is my next choice. I already have a smaller day pack and the monster fanny pack from Badlands, and really like their products. The Blacks Creek does have both a rifle scabbard, and bow scabbard built in, as well as having up to 4000 cubic inches of space for packing. We'll see, I've got a few months to decide before I really need to make a choice. Thanks, Scott/couesbitten

Couesbitten,

I just picked up the Monster Fanny pack last week. Seems very well built and should give me years of terrific service.

I must admit as well, I really like the design of the Eberlestock Just One back pack. If the Black's Creek does the same type of "expanding" then it would be a great pack for less money (I assume).

For me, the 2200 is perfect aside from the scabbard issue, but I do really like the "expanding" features of the Eberlestock.

Have fun shopping. I had a lot of fun doing the research and shopping. In the end though, I was happy to have the shopping DONE ALREADY.

FH

I use an Arcteryx bora 40.It is pretty much the perfect pack. Though not camo it is extremly tough. Arcteryx are high end mountain climbing packs so they are a bit pricey but worth it.I find that mountin packs tend to fit better and have better harness systems than hunting packs. not to say there aren't good hunting packs out there.

Here is an outfit that will custom build a pack for you. Let you test it for 30 days and if you don't like it you can return it and get your money back. The have a lifetime warranty too.
It has a gunbearer system that goes with it. For you hardcore back country hunters, they offer lightweight shelters and stoves too.

http://www.kifaru.net/BACKPAKS.HTM

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom