dedicated hunter hours

300wby

If ya'll think it would be nice to get hours for coyote ears than voice your opinion here. Lets see if we can get it approved for the up coming session. I have allready talked to don peay and others that think it will greatly help.

Sounds like a good idea to me! There's not many projects up here in my area.

Good luck! If some of you have not noticed lately, they are restricting the program more and more. It's about impossible to get 40 hours.
a20792b12a43280588e9ae_s.JPG

Good call. I've been looking at the DH site for projects and I am having difficulty finding stuff that I can do with my time availability. Last year did seem to have a little more for options. I need to get it done though!

>>>---->
For the love of the game

I am leaning towards not doing it anymore, most of my hours have been detailing dwr trucks. That's not the type of service I had in mind to help the deer herd, but its the only project I could get in on.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Kawboy,

Are you frickin serious? That is actually an option for getting hours?

Please do not misunderstand where I am coming from. Nothing against any dedicated hunter.

Just amazing to me that a program like this, intended to help wildlife, would consider "detailing vehicles" as a valid way to do so.

Unbelievable!!!

No better way to help out the wildlife than by keeping them DWR vehicles clean.

I can totally see how that helps wildlife.

I get it, they have to find ways to get you guys your hours, but come on man. They can't find anything better than that?

No wonder we have so many issues with the deer herds here in Utah!

x(

If you want hours for your dedicated hunter hours look into becoming a Hunters Education Instructor. This is a WIN, WIN, WIN situation. The hours you put in teaching a Hunters Education class can be counted as your hours for DH. You get to schedule the Hunters ED class around your schedule, and you get paid a little to teach the Hunters Education class. It's not a lot but it does help to offset the cost for the DH tag.

400bull

I agree that some of the projects are little suspect but i think there are lots of very worthwhile projects that happen in the DH program. I have been invloved on several projects with the youth that have been very fun and introduced hunting/fishing to kids that have never been exposed to it. I have seen people donate heavy equipment and materials to build guzzlers and improve winter range. My fatherin law who is a electrition did all the rewiring using his own tools in one of the fish hateries a few years ago. The DWR would loose a lot of valuable DH service hours if there were no DH program.

Mark

Why do so many dedicated hunters think they need to find the easiest way out of doing their hours? I mean come on, shooting coyotes for hours. There was a study published last month (May 2011) by the Wildlife Society that says coyote removal to benefit mule deer isn't even worth the time because it doesn't work. Maybe I should ask Don Peay if the DWR will give me my hours for trimming the shrubs in my front yard. Deer seem to like them. Or maybe I can get my hours for hunting Chukars; they spread cheatgrass and non-native plant seeds. The possibilities are endless?

I wish people would figure out it's not just about the tag; it's supposed to be about benefiting wildlife and their habitat. I have some coworkers who are pretty damn proud that they get out of doing their hours through ?volunteering? for SFW. Both have been in the program for going on 9 years and neither has done one hour of actual work. Disgusting!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom