DEER 2013

tchoate3

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-12 AT 09:35AM (MST)[p]I looks like I am hunting Idaho 2013 for Mule deer. I am an Oregon native who after 30 years of hunitng my state I have decided to go east. I hope all you guys in Idaho understand why I want to hunt your state. Oregon just plain sucks for Mule deer hunting.

My first Mule deer hunt was in '97 after 5 days I ended up with a fork, 8 years later was a late muzzy hunt, 5 days = 22' 4point, 3 years later an earlier muzzy hunt, nothing. Now I have 4 pref points and I'm waiting for 2014 since 2013 season starts Sept 28th and ends Oct 9. So since '97 I've drawn 3 mule deer tags in my state and killed 2 deer. I am up to 4 Pref points now I don't want to waste 4 point 2013. Our Mule deer season in Oregon in 2013 starts Sept 28th and ends Oct 9th. I don't want to waste 4 PP on such an early hunt. We do not have OTC rifle hunts for Mule deer. So I usually hunt Blacktail, but I am tired of beating the brush for Blacktail.

So I have decided to try Idaho, your state seems 1000 times better than mine, I hope you don't mind my visit next year.

We get much bigger deer and do so every year.....that's not meant to brag as much as to say they are here and can be gotten.

If you hunt AWAY FROM THE ROADS & TRAILS, there are mature deer. We have far too many lions & dogs so our herds are not in good condition but if you are going to be happy with a 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 year old deer, just get BACK and hunt hard....Unit 39 works. Anyplace along the Wyoming border.....almost any place your can get several miles in and you're almost guaranteed a decent chance.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Thanks for all the replies/welcomes. Part of hunting to me is to get away from people. That is hard to do in Oregon, we don't have the remote areas Idaho has. Not to mention the Mule deer seasons are so short everyone who has a tag is hunting at the same time. I typically find myself hunting less productive areas just to shy away from other hunters. I will hunt for days without seeing a deer and not get discouraged as long as I know there are even a few deer in the area. I am really looking forward to hunt Idaho!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-12 AT 08:19PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-12
>AT 09:35?AM (MST)

>
>I looks like I am hunting
>Idaho 2013 for Mule deer.
>I am an Oregon native
>who after 30 years of
>hunitng my state I have
>decided to go east. I
>hope all you guys in
>Idaho understand why I want
>to hunt your state. Oregon
>just plain sucks for Mule
>deer hunting.
>
> My first Mule deer hunt
>was in '97 after 5
>days I ended up with
>a fork, 8 years later
>was a late muzzy hunt,
>5 days = 22' 4point,
>3 years later an earlier
>muzzy hunt, nothing. Now I
>have 4 pref points
>and I'm waiting for 2014
>since 2013 season starts Sept
>28th and ends Oct 9.
>So since '97 I've drawn
>3 mule deer tags in
>my state and killed 2
>deer. I am up to
>4 Pref points now I
>don't want to waste 4
>point 2013. Our Mule deer
>season in Oregon in 2013
>starts Sept 28th and ends
>Oct 9th. I don't want
>to waste 4 PP on
>such an early hunt. We
>do not have OTC rifle
>hunts for Mule deer. So
>I usually hunt Blacktail, but
>I am tired of beating
>the brush for Blacktail.
>
>So I have decided to try
>Idaho, your state seems 1000
>times better than mine, I
>hope you don't mind my
>visit next year.

That's part of the reason I left the state years ago! You will find Idaho has much more to offer. Like many have stated, hunt hard far from the roads and you do fine. Welcome..

ridgelineoutdoors.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom