deer, 61 vs 67

mdbrown

Long Time Member
i about have it narrowed down to these 2 hunts, i have 7 nr points. i would like to hunt colorado this year, maybe a slim chance of 61 2nd hunt, if i dont draw there is always next year. it seems like 61 has a better reputation lately, but for residents it takes more points to draw 67, 2 res points-61 vs 6 res points 67 3rd season . 61 took 3 res points to draw 2nd season and 67 4 res. any ideas? im kind of useing the res draw as a guide thinking the locals might know a little about the areas.

I wouldn't put as much stock in the resident draw due to the fact that the tag numbers are so dang low in 67. There just isn't many tags. I will send you a PM as I have been doing some research on one of these units,

Rich

Hello again,

I have been researching 66 and 67 for a few months now. There has been a few big bucks coming out of the units, however I doubt it will ever get back to what it was before. If you look at the success rates in these two units they are going back up. The governor's tag bucks came from 66 and 55 this year, so I wouldn't throw out 55.

I have 6 points and am not sure what to do. I threw out 53 because of the hunting fool and the press it is receiving, even though it is down.

61 2nd is a tough hunt from what I hear, a lot of oak brush and maybe down a little also. I would rather hunt the basin, just my humble opinion. I have the wardens name and phone number for 67 if you want it,

Rich

I'm a year behind you guys sure would like to hear how your season goes if you draw. Thanks

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom