Deer 90-1 Expected weather last two weeks of season

robAK

Debating which tent to bring for my hunt. Have a 2-man 4 season backpacking north face tent and a six man walk-in tent. I also have a big wheel type motorcycle. What do u guys think I should bring. Am I wasting my time/$ tuning up & bringing the bike? I love comfort and convience, but do u think the large tent will tear to shreds?

Not the best camping country, a tent trailer or camper would be better, and bring your mud puppies, your probably going to need them.

Tent trailer & camper not a option. Probably stay a few nights in Shoshoni but that would be it. Comfort vs possible disaster looks like with the tent situation. BTW what's a mud buddy

I don't know, but it gets awful muddy over there, at least where I have been, just letting you know.
I would imagine your small tent would do fine as I don't know of any great camping areas, just drop it in the evening and fold up in the morning.

Weather could be just about anything in late October. Camping could be miserable depending upon your equipment.+1 to being prepared for mud. That place is a slimy mess when wet. The bike might be a good idea if there isn't a pile of snow. I'd stay in Riverton vs Shoshoni. Lots more options and no further from your hunt area. We did that both times we hunted antelope in unit 67. Good luck. Chip

Getting snow in north west part of state. I went down to Kirby/thermop today for work and it was snowing just on other side of that wind river range. Still long ways away but not to terribly far.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom