Deer/Elk Combo hunt

Kentuck

My friends and I are going to apply for elk in Wyoming this year. One friend wants to hunt deer and elk. Are there any unit combinations that would allow someone to hunt both deer and elk at the same time. This would be rifle hunting.

I know some areas have deer seasons that run up to the day before elk season. You may just have to plan on going out a couple days early.

Good Luck

Kind of hard to say which areas unless a person takes some time and looks at both the Deer & Elk Regulations map and dates to compare and go from there, reall would take some doing to gather that info.
If you had a few locations picked it would make things a lot easier to help figure out.
Have you been on the F&G website and see if you can locate something there, just a thought.
The Greys River area which is Region G they overlap or use to anyway, have not been there in 5 or 6 years or so.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-11 AT 06:07PM (MST)[p]
There are a number of areas that have overlapping seasons. The big problem will be drawing tags for both in the same area without having a number of PPs for at least one, if not both, of the animals. You will really need to hurry to come up with a good plan because the deadline for elk applications is 5PM MST next Monday, the 31st.

Thanks. He is going to call Wyoming Fish and Game today. I'm only interested in elk so it doesn't bother me.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom