Deer Unit 48

Cozmo8

I have hunted Unit 43 alot in Idaho and it seems that over the years the deer would get out of the canyons we hunted earlier and earlier. It got to the point that we quit hunting it. I scouted a buck I would like to kill in UNit 48 this weekend am I going to suffer the same fate of deer migrating out before the rifle season starts in this unit like I did in unit 43?

I hunted unit 43 for the first time last year, and experienced what you (and others) mentioned, with the deer being gone. The country is phenomenal, and there was old sign and tracks there, but the deer had headed south.

Cant really say for sure about unit 48, one person told me its just the same with the deer migrating south by early October. People kill bucks in both 43 and 48 every year so appearantly not all the deer leave by the opening day.

Personally I wonder what some of the unit farther north are like? Units 36, 36a, 36b, etc. Anyone have any insight they would like to share of the deer migration habits?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom