Diamond Mountain Deer

U

UWHunter

I drew a 2009 Diamond Rifle Deer tag...I used to live in Vernal and know that there is a lot of private land up there, whats it look like up there as far as deer go the past year or two...if anyone has any advice for a local boy I would appreciate it

As I recall, the top part of Diamond Mtn is predominantly private. The entire south slope is pretty much all public. I don't know where the best hunting is at, or if you are trying to get access to private.

I can send you a small scale scan (1" = 4 mi) of the land ownership in the area.

I hunted in the Vernal area a few years back for elk. The best deer we saw were standing in folks yards at the edges of town.

UW, I also have a tag out there this year (archery Deer). There is private land but plenty of public also. Deer numbers were good last year (my Mom hunted elk out there last year). I highly recommend getting a land ownership map. I sent you a PM.

I have a muzzle elk tag and will be up there all summer keep in touch and i can help you out. The unit is only 15 minutes from my house.

Start at Warren Draw, on the first draw to the Northeast of Calder Lake. I've seen a lot of deer there. Jackson Draw has a fair amount of public land.

Made it up there again last week and saw a few decent bucks...wishing i was still living in Vernal so I could scout more, any archery hunters seeing/shooting anything good i'm jealous i still have to wait another two months

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom