Diamond Mtn limited entry tag successful

deweyL

Hey everyone, I finally drew my limited entry archer deer tag for Diamond mountain. 7pts. I know the area okay, and I know a lot of the land is private, does anyone have any good advise on where to start and camp for this hunt, any good areas in the public side that are hot for bucks? I am going to do a ton of scouting this summer, but would like some advise on where to stay that is 4 wheeler friendly and might have a good population of bucks. Thanks

If you know it is private and where the public land is that is half the battle. Plenty of posted ground that is not private. I have been in 100% BLM and had them lock the gate behind me....they wasted a perfectly good lock when i cut it off. They were sitting in there truck down the road when i tossed it out the window as i passed them. Know where yoi can go.

I've never hunted Diamond Mtn. Obviously there's private ground there. May be worth your time to contact the Limited-Entry Landowner Association for Diamond Mtn..?? Here's a link on the DWR Webpage:

http://wildlife.utah.gov/hunting/biggame/landowner_le_list.php

I honestly don't know what it is exactly. But maybe it's a resource that could at least help you know where you can and cannot go..??

Good luck..!!

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

LAST EDITED ON May-20-16 AT 11:49AM (MST)[p]Browning that list is for the association that gets roughly 1/2 the deer and elk tags on the mountain. some of these guys are the ones (outfitter)who post up public ground. I have met a couple of the normal landowners and they seem like good people but don't expect or really get your hopes up to get access. about 1/2 the unit is private land and when you include landlocked ground it really leaves a fraction of the ground available. but with that said I think it is one of the most beautiful elk units I have ever hunted.

you will definitely see some great bucks on private land!! gonna get you all excited over them. However you will have to work hard, have patience and a good amount of luck to find one of the big ones on public. Sure is fun seeing them right next to the road though :)

If you had money, you could look into a trespass fee..

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Hello Dewey. Congrats on the tag. I have had that same tag 2 different times. I sent you a PM with my number. You definitely will want a map showing property ownership. As Treedagain said, you will find areas that are posted that are public. You should have a good time and will be able to see a lot of bucks though.

Hey Jim how are you? You taking anyone elk hunting out there this year?

just thought I would update everyone, did some scouting last weekend in diamond and seen a ton of elk, found some nice draws, and got some cams and stands in. Ill keep you updated throughout the hunt. going back up this weekend. still any advise is helpful. thanks

Going up this weekend to check cams, and look for some waterholes. maybe hand another stand. I let everyone know what I find, hopefully some pics too

So I just got back from checking my cams, not much activity for deer, just elk, so I pulled my stand down, now back to square one, got to find another spot, I tried to uploads some pics here but when I hit upload it doesn't do anything.
oh wait here it is, I have more but they wont upload
25287elk.jpg

heading back up in about 6 hours to find the deer, and hopefully get my stand put back up, if you or anyone you know have the elk tag, I can tell you where the elk are.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom