Different barrel coatings

Pooner

Hey guys I have an old 700 that I am going to redo. I think I am going to put a XCR stock on it. But I am wondering if I am stuck with the blued barrel on it or if I can recoat it in something else. Also what are price ranges on the coating if you can do it. Thanks in advance.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-11 AT 11:34PM (MST)[p]tef-cote is 200ish...lots of colors to choose from
http://altitudegunworks.com/tef-cote-scope-and-gun-refinishing/

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I'd go Cerakote, tough stuff when applied properly. Lots of color options, I think to do all in one color will run you about $200 or maybe a little less.
If you don't have anyone lined up I'd give Eddie Fosnaugh a call or check his website Fosnaugh Customs.com Great guy to work with and his attention to detail is second to none.

You might as well use the Brownell's teflon and do it yourself because they all wear off . I mean ALL wear off. I've spent the $200 on several magic coatings and a day in the scabbard has all the edges bare.

If you want durability have it blued.

Thanks guys, I need something that will stick around too, cuz mine will get beat around in the sabbard.

How would you know your barrel is always out the window, as long as the bugs wipe off easy that's durable.

I have a 375 that is Teflon coated and either it was done poorly or the stuff comes off really easy because there are several areas that are now bare just from travelling in a case.

I just finished two rifles with dura-coat. I am happy with it. It is a two part epoxy that is air brushed on. One rifle was pitted up real bad this stuff made it look good. It was real cheap about 30 bucks or so.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom