Digiscope witha video cam

AZhunter

Wondering if anyone knows of an attachment to video through a spotting scope. I have a canon vixia with a 58mm thread at the lens and a swarovski ats 65. Looking for something to buy or build. Thx

I'm assuming you have an HF-S30. That lens is too big to see through your scope. You will have vignetting (black circular corners) all the way up to 10x zoom. Effectively you will be seeing the inside of the scope tube mostly. Right at 10x zoom you might be able to get rid of most of it, but then the critter has to be 800 yards or more away to fit in the frame.

I have to go to 16x on my TM700 to see past the scope tube on my 60mm Nikon EDIII. It just doesn't work anywhere near as well for digiscoping.

Best bet is to buy a Tine sup Scope)cam point and shoot kit and use the video camera on a tripod for more of the up close action shots.

Cheers,
Pete

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-12 AT 06:11PM (MST)[p]k i can't get the link to copy so go to the tines up website and go to the tu store go to the video scope-cam adapter link click on it scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the icon then it has a pull down menu that tells you what adapters for what scopes they have i believe they have the one you need watch the video too very informative

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom