Do Much Hunting Over Bait?

bullskin

Very Active Member
There has been a lot of discussion regarding the legitimacy of game cameras on MM, and mostly I have no opinion one way or another on this. This weekend, however, I came across a camera located over a baited area in Unit 21. The boys at NDOW were excited to learn of it and indicated that they would like to make it their own. Personally, I just want the mugshot, and so I set cameras of my own to see who claims the other. Coming soon, to theaters near you...

Sounds like fun. Not a baiter myself and haven't seen anyone doing it in my travels around the state.

It is illegal to place bait to attract game, and to hunt in the proximity of a baited area. It is not illegal to place cameras. As I did not place the bait, I have committed no criminal act. Furthermore, I am not even hunting this zone, and so am not taking advantage of this situation to illegally assist in my own hunt. I know that it is a long shot to expect that either NDOW or I will be lucky enough to identify the chicken chit responsible, but perhaps there is something to be gained in just getting the word out that this sort of behavior is not condoned.

How long has it been illegal to hunt over bait for deer? reference the reg # please.
if i'm not hunting i cant put bait in front of a camera ? reg# please!

Check out NDOW website "hunting" page. Click "regulations, licenses, tags and permits". The very first listing under regulations cites the restriction on intentional feeding of big game. I believe this began with the resumption of legal bear hunting in the state.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom