Do You Fit The Mold?

alp75

Very Active Member
Here is a fun one. Let's see what we are all really like. Bring out the stereotypes and let us know if you fit in.

Here are some of the stereotypes of hunters not to be confused with rednecks. My neighbors are rednecks not hunters. lol.

-Wear Camo throughout the entire year.
-If you don't have camo wrangles or carharts will do.
-Drive a big truck. Dodge Ford or chev.(I think if you have confederate flags flyin from your truck that falls into the redneck category)
-Your two hobbies are hunting and fishing.
-stickers of elk or dear skulls in the windows of your truck.
-You sport a beard or goatee.
-Your cell phone ring tone is an elk bugle
-Owns at least two atv's?
-owns at least two horses?

I would say that as for me fitting the mold I think I am a little confused. My favorite hunts are big game and duck hunting. With big game I prefer archery and muzzleloader over rifle, but enjoy the dedicated hunter program. Where the confusion comes in is the fact I'd rather ride my road bike...as in pedal bike. Yep the spandex and all. Don't laugh, if you rode 50 to 100 miles a couple times a week you'd be sportin them too. I love to backpack and have a background of downhill skiing and even working as a ski patroller and bike patroller for a number of years at a local ski resort(one with a very anti hunting owner). During the summer months its all shorts and flip flops and camo is strickly for hunting. Sounds like I should be driving a suburu and munchin granola eh? Luckily I do drive a dodge cummins, snowmobile every week of the winter, work outside at 8300 ft and spend most of the fall months HUNTING.

So lets hear it. Anyone else confused like me or does everyone fit the mold?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-08 AT 07:08AM (MST)[p]>Here is a fun one.
>Let's see what we are
>all really like. Bring
>out the stereotypes and let
>us know if you fit
>in.
>
>-Wear Camo throughout the entire year.-NO ONLY WHEN I AM HUNTING BIG GAME OR PREDATORS.
>
>-If you don't have camo wrangles
>or carharts will do.- I WEAR CARHARTTS/THEY ARE COMFORTABLE!

>-Drive a big truck. Dodge Ford
>or chev.(I think if you
>have confederate flags flyin from
>your truck that falls into
>the redneck category)- NO CONFEDERATE FLAG/ I DRIVE A NISSAN PATHFINDER

>-Your two hobbies are hunting and
>fishing.- I DON'T FISH/I'M A CYCLIST AS WELL

>-stickers of elk or dear skulls
>in the windows of your
>truck.- NO ELK OR DEER STICKERS/ SNOWBOARD 22/ BLACK DIAMOND MOUNTAIN EQUIP.

>-You sport a beard or goatee.- I DO WEAR A BEARD IN WINTER/ I'M A BACKCOUNTRY SNOWBOARD RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT GUY. KEEPS MY FACE WARM AT -20F.
>
>-Your cell phone ring tone is
>an elk bugle - REGULAR OLD RING TONE

>-Owns at least two atv's?1 CC MTN.BIKE/1 DOWNHILL-FREERIDE BIKE/ 1 CYCLOCROSS BIKE

>-owns at least two horses? NO HORSES/2 SLED DOGS- THEY ARE MY BEST BACKCOUNTRY SNOWBOARD PARTNERS AND THEY HAUL MY GEAR ON EXTENDED TRIPS.
>

The more people I meet the more I like my dogs

-Wear Camo throughout the entire year. I USED TO BUT HAVE GROWN OUT OF THAT STAGE! LOL

-If you don't have camo wrangles or carharts will do. YEP SAFE STATEMENT THERE.

-Drive a big truck. Dodge Ford or chev.(I think if you have confederate flags flyin from your truck that falls into the redneck category) BIG DODGE CUMMINS (NO FLAGS)

-Your two hobbies are hunting and fishing. AND HUNTING, AND FISHING, AND HUNTING AND FISHING, AND I LIKE TO HUNT ALSO.

-stickers of elk or dear skulls in the windows of your truck. I THOUGHT THAT WAS WHAT REAR WINDOWS WERE MADE FOR....JUST LOOK AROUND, EVERYONE HAS ELK OR DEER STICKERS IN THEIR WINDOWS!

-You sport a beard or goatee. I THOUGHT THAT WAS REQUIRED AS OF AUGUST 1ST THRU THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

-Your cell phone ring tone is an elk bugle. DO THEY MAKE OTHER RING TONES? OH YEAH A TURKEY GOBBLE.

-Owns at least two atv's? AT LEAST...I HAVE 3..AND LOOKING FOR ONE MORE AS WE SPEAK.

-owns at least two horses? NOT AMYMORE, GOT RID OF MY HAYBURNER NOT CUZ I DIDN'T ENJOY IT, JUST NOT ENOUGH TIME TO RIDE IT.

If you ride a road bike and wear spandex you are deffinately not a real hunter......er wait...that's what I do too. Maybe that's why I haven't killed anything this year. Or maybe it's because I hunt with you too much. Or maybe it's because we shave our legs ha ha.

I guess I don't completely fit the mold:

Drive a '97 Olds Cutlass (with a "Protected by Smith and Wesson" sticker in the window though) 4 dr Sedan. No I am not afraid to take it off road. Well not too far anyway.

I have one or two camo hats, one blaze orange one, one camo T-shirt and one pair of camo pants. Only wear them hunting.

I wear slacks or shorts, one or two pair are levi shorts, one is Wrangler, the rest are khaki. No Carharts - a little too rich for my blood plus how many college profs do you see in Carharts (I mean outside of UVSU)?

Clean shaven - can't stand to go two days without a shave. Take shaving cream and a razor on every extended stay hunting/fishing trip.

Don't own an ATV or a horse, or a dog. Though I am close to people who do!

Cell phone ring tone are rings, except for my wife's and it is "Everything to Me" by Brad Paisley

I like to listen to Cuban rap music and I play the cello, though I think Bocephus could use the cello a little more in some of his songs. Ever heard "A Country Boy Can Survive" on a cello? Life changing experience!

Two of my hobbies are hunting and fishing, though due to time constraints and financial concerns, (I am a grad student) I haven't harvested an animal (besides some pheasants at a registered dog training facility and that was almost 3 years ago) in over 10 years. I fish a lot though (worms are cheap!).

I am a hunter though! You better believe it too! Just biding my time to draw that coveted LE tag!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-08 AT 10:19AM (MST)[p]Of Course I don't fit the mold. lol Mostly I'm a busy mom and that seriously puts a damper on hunting and fishing time.

-Wear Camo throughout the entire year.- Only if it's cute pink camo capris.

-If you don't have camo wrangles or carharts will do.- ick! I wouldn't be caught dead in Wranglers OR Carharts for everyday wear. (but I do buy them for my husband)

-Drive a big truck. Dodge Ford or chev.(I think if you have confederate flags flyin from your truck that falls into the redneck category) I do drive a Ford F150. It's my "mom-ride" and grocery getter...no stickers in the window. I do, however, keep 2 pair of binoculars in the truck at all times. Here's a funny story I wrote about my "mom ride" too http://utahgirl74.wordpress.com/2008/02/15/hello-world/

-Your two hobbies are hunting and fishing.- Well, I'm not much of a scrapbooker and I don't knit or sew either so when I'm not chasing kids around to baseball, football, tumbling, or some other sport or playing them myself, we do enjoy hunting and fishing quite a bit. If we don't have a tag, we hunt with a camera.

-You sport a beard or goatee. LOL I wax my upper lip every other month or so. Also, I don't leave the house in the morning without showering and "fixing" and if I'm hunting I will get up an extra half hour earlier just to make sure my hair looks decent and put on some makeup and I have to brush my teeth. I'm a bit on the prissy side, I suppose. Once I'm fixed in the morning though, I don't fuss much the rest of the day when hunting. I guess i figure if I start out looking decent that it's ok to look a bit rough by the end of the day. My own justification. lol

-Your cell phone ring tone is an elk bugle- Yeah.....NO. My friend has her home phone ring as an elk bugle and it's highly annoying. Not as bad as the mountain lion snarl though.

-Owns at least two atv's?- Nope. Own none.

-owns at least two horses?- We Love our nags!!

I think you are describing 99% of the "posse" members only they don't own horses because it costs so much to put a new set of "look at me" monster mudders on the lifted F-250 every 8 months.

- wear camo a good portion of the year and when not wear wranglers.

- drive a Chevy duramax crew cab

- I do have elk skull decals on the truck itself

- own horses

- own 5 atvs and a Ranger

- my 2 favorite hobbies are hunting and hunting. I hate to fish!

- Facial hair on occasion. It starts out lazy and ends up transitioning from a full beard to a goat then baby soft when I get a little desparate for some lovin.:D

I do fit a mold but I've been told by many that the mold I was made from was broken, and most agree that is a good thing!:D

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-08 AT 01:53PM (MST)[p]-Wear Camo throughout the entire year.
NOPE. I don't wear camp much unless I'm hunting. Of course, when you add in ducks and turkeys, I hunt a lot.

NOPE, good old Costco jeans usually when I'm wearing jeans. Out here where I live it's hot in the summer, so I wear shorts about eight months of the year, khaki or underarmor.

-Drive a big truck. Dodge Ford or chev.(I think if you have confederate flags flyin from your truck that falls into the redneck category)
SORTA. I've got a chevy 1500HD crew cab with a plain old 5.7 liter gas engine. It's stock, so probably lower than your truck.

YEP. Pretty much, but baseball also occupies a huge amount of my time. Between coaching and college recruiting activities, I probably spend as much or more time with baseball as I do with hunting. I love to fish but it takes third place in this race. Hunting is my first love, I need to spend more time with it (if I can only draw some more tags!)

NOPE. My son has enough on his pickup for both of us. The only sticker on my pickup is an American flag on the back window of my camper shell.

YEP. I've had a goatee for at least ten years. Been married 24 years and my wife has never seen me without at least a moustache.

NOPE. Regular ring tone. I should do something about that!

NOPE. I've never owned an ATV in my entire life. Wouldn't mind having one, just have always walked everywhere when I step out of my pickup. Looking at buying a mountain bike soon, though.

NOPE. Never owned a horse. Unlike an ATV don't really aspire to own one, either. I've got a Black Lab, when you have a Lab, who needs a horse?

Great posts guys...and gals. Keep it coming.

Anyone have any other stereotypes to add to the list? It by any means is not all inclusive.

I do have a little clarification on my first post. It sounds like I would rather ride my bike than hunt. That is not the case. I ride my bike from April til Mid August. Once the bowhunts start the bike gets hung up in the garage. It is a great way to stay in shape for the multiple hikes to the top of mountains throughout hunting season.

I do sport a goatee all the time for about the last 13 years, but currently sporting a beard.

No stickers in my windows of my dodge.

I do own many ATV's but would rather ride my bike.

I have access to about 30 horses so why would I feed my own?

Let's here it from the rest of ya.

-Camo is my first choice for the day, then solid green.

None of that. Rockies, cinch, cruel girl.

Just bought a 2008 Toyota Tundra with a 5.7 ltr V8 381 hp.

First-Hunting, Second-Rodeo, Third-Fishing.

Yep! Sporting several.
48d6b43a527da0f2.jpg

Exnay on that one.

>-Wear Camo throughout the entire year. Only on a special ocassion! Actually my camo is stored until fall.

>-If you don't have camo wranglers or carharts will do. Have a pair of each! Unless it's 40* or less I'm wearing shorts

>-Drive a big truck. Dodge Ford or chev.(I think if you have confederate flags flyin from>your truck that falls into the redneck category) No Flag but it's a Diesel F350 CC lifted 6"s with 35's, winch and brushguard.

>-Your two hobbies are hunting and fishing. Yep and throw in golf and basketball. A little biking, water skiing and snowboarding too!

>-stickers of elk or dear skulls in the windows of your truck. Only one of an elk

>-You sport a beard or goatee. Goatee but only from Sept 1st to Nov 30th.

>-Your cell phone ring tone is an elk bugle. I have three including chuckles and cow calls.

>-Owns at least two atv's? We had three but are down to only two

>-owns at least two horses? My Wiemaraner is getting as big as horse, that's what the wife says anyway.

Pretty much fitting the mold and I'm ok with that.

Hey thats not funny !!! I almost fit all of those and I just got the elk bugle ring tone 2 weeks ago. DANG

Since I hunt all year, that's pretty close. The rest involves either suits (work) or shorts and flip flops most of the time.

Have both and wear both when rifle hunting or working outside.

Dodge, Cummins, 4x4 but stock height. Big lifted trucks are lame, IMO.

Yes.

Primos elk skull sticker and Sitka decal.

Nope, gotta kepp clean cut for work.

Yep.

Own one for nasty roads and bad weather, but would rather hike.

Nope.

I hate camo. Only wear it if it is a must. That is like wearing your orange sweat shirt all of October. I do not need to make any kind of statement.

Wranglers? That is all I have. Never got into Gurbeau(sp) or that kind of gay crap.;-)

I have a Dodge (stock). Gotta pull the horses.

I hunt and sleep. I also hate fishing.

Elk and deer sticker? See the orange and camo part. I do have one small #88 DEJr sticker.

Only beard I grow is when I get lazy, but it comes off within 5 days.

Cell phone has "I Shoud Have Been A Cowboy" and "Wanted Dead or Alive" No bugles. See the camo, orange, and sticker comments.

ATV? One 91 Honda. It is pretty new still. Only use it if I have to.

I only have one ass so one horse works well for me. If you have two then all you do is provide one for free.

Absolutely no camo truck accessories either. No rear window gun racks, everything I own does not say "Cabelas" and I do not tie deer on the hood.

Only wear camo when hunting.

I wear jeans most days.

Ford F-150, I believe 4 door trucks were divinely inspired

Plus hiking and dog training

Nope, I'm a Realtor and can't afford to alienate people who don't hunt

Goatee

Nope, whatever came on it

One

None

If you put a gun rack on that bike we may give you a pass. The spandex is still in question though? Don't know if us rednecks can get past that.....Maybe if there cammo :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I have no fashion sense, but this is just silly.

Wear jeans.

Drive a Tundra, big enough for the what I need.

Working the dog and hitting the gym

Bear Paw Bowmen and HuntTalk stickers (couple freebies)

Just got rid of facial hair a couple months ago after 10 years, but probably back to a beard soon.

What is a cell phone

Use the quads god gave me.

Just one dog

Sometimes i do wear either camo pants or a tee. depends on my mood when dressing.

I wear Carhartts a lot. Easy to get in size 50 long and they are tough. They do make noise when stalking if you brush up on things though.

Chev and GMC 4x4's running 33 & 35" tires. No monster trucks but they ride well and NEVER have broke down on a trip! Flags are for parades!

Hunting, fishing, fly fishing, collecting old lures, & old bottles, mushroom hunting, reading good Sci Fiction, MM, watching outdoor shows, and ocationally being the BBQ man at large functions.

No stickers... Yet.

My beard is at least 25 years running. Like my hair, I keep it trim, clean, and fairly neat.

No cell phone. I don't own one, don't want one.

No atv's...yet. i live in a great town for them just hated to drop the needed coin. Lots of public ground everywhere just outside of town.

I grew up on the family cattle ranch and we always gathered and worked the calves with ropes and horses. Tradition. I just never seemed to get along with them too good, been hurt about every which way a guy can be by horses. No Thanks please. Now, if you're talking about a few miles or more uphill to get to a drop camp or similar... i love horses!

Dog gone. Got runned over by a semi when a buddy acted like he was gonna throw a ball across main street. I let him live...the guy. The dog never knew what hit em.

Joey

I don't wear much camo except when hunting,2 dodge 3/4 tons, although im saving for a prius, a mule and a percheron horse, a german shepard and a pit bull mix, two cats, dont really like snomobiles or ATVs, I like to fish, and backpack and climb peaks and cross country backcountry ski, I have a good sized trophy room but no stickers on my truck and Im a bit of an environmentist

Lets see i have a camo hat that never leaves my head lol I drive a doge 1500 with 4 inches of lift. I quit football so i could hunt all fall. I have 7 horses 3 mules and two honda atvs. And I have bowhunter and a rocky mountain elk foundation sticker in my rear window. O you also forgot to mention you have to dip, love my Copenhagen ha ha

I only wear camo while hunting. Wearing it any other time fills them full of stains and smells that you can't get out. Bottom line, don't hunt in everyday clothes

I drive a F-350 Crew cab 7.3 diesel (no white trash confederate flags)

My favorite 2 hobbies are hunting and fishing (more of a lifestyle that a hobby)

Only a well earned B&C Fair Chase sticker. To me those stickers that you see all over the rigs in the Cabela's parking lot are dumb and belong to wanna be's.

I do sport a beard and have since I was 18

I have Iron Maiden ringtones on my cel phone but a goose call for my home phone

Only own 1 atv and it is for farm use only

Had horses but got rid of them and am running cattle now. Much less maintenance and better eating.

Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom