Don't forget to attend Mar 22

Bruinbrewin

All concerned sportspersons, please attend this important meeting
THX
BB

You?re invited to discuss the future of hunting, fishing and shooting sports in Arizona
March 5, 2012

Important first meeting of Sportsmen?s Constituent Group to be held March 22
A most important first meeting of the newly created Sportsmen?s Constituent Group (working title at this point) will be held on Thursday, March 22, from 6-9 p.m., at the Arizona Game and Fish Department headquarters at 5000 W. Carefree Highway in Phoenix.
The meeting will discuss how to best unite constituents (sportsmen/women and other wildlife enthusiasts, whether affiliated with an organized group or not) on immediate issues and challenges affecting the future of hunting, fishing and shooting sports, as well as Arizona?s wildlife future.
Any member of the public is welcome to attend.
The meeting was called for by action of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission at its Jan. 25 meeting and will be hosted/chaired by Kurt Davis, a member of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission.
The meeting will also be webcast at www.azgfd.gov/webcast.
A detailed agenda will be posted prior to the meeting.

I plan on being there, hope alot of people show up............... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Allen-I posted this on our AZbasszone forum to get a few more people to show up. I will be there and wearing a camo Champion boats cap and would like to meet you. Anyone have a way to get T-shirts and bumper stickers like we did for the USO mess? Maybe one with AZSFW, ADA and Gilstrap in the red circle?

I plan on being there also.

It's time we take the example of YVRGC and AES on working with the AZG&F on conservation... not circumventing them.

Kent

We all need to be checking the Game and Fish Department website daily until next week. I'm confident that updates regarding the meeting, includeing the agenda will be posted soon.

Glen, with regard to buttons and bumper stickers, I have contact with the company that produced our Prop. 109 items. They were very effective.

George

Glen,
I spoke to Kirk Young, head of fisheries, and encouraged him to attend. Anglers have just as big of a stake in this as hunters do.
The everyday citizen also has a stake in it.

George

Earlier this evening, I learned that Mr. Pete Cimallero has requested a list of individuals or arganizations that the Department has directly invited to the March 22nd meeting. The Deparment responded and provided a list of 56 individual or organizations.
Most who receives direct invitations are member of the Hunter and angler working group (HAWG).
The question now is, for what purpose was this request submitted.
As I recall, the Department provided an open invitation to all of the public via E NEWS.

George

Pete is the problem here for all of us Joes. They may be looking at a future lawsuit, they may be trying to attack G&F for entering a political fray, they may want to assess if the core groups with fundraising ability are gathering which will threaten AZSFW and the ADA. Either way I view it as a good thing that Pete and his kind are feeling the walls in the corner.

The meeting Thursday evening at the Game and Fish Headquarters could be crucial for the future of our wildlife. Attendance is critical. For those who cannot get to that meeting, it will broadcast on the web and all regional offices. Attendance at the regional offices could be just as crucial. The Department is going to spend a great deal of OUR money to have these offices open. If you can't make it to Phoenix go to your nearest regional office.

George

There is an important update on the meeting on the Departments website. It looks like they ate working overtime to engage everyone.

George

Constituents can submit comments/questions in advance of March 22 meeting

Mar 19, 2012

Members of the public who plan to attend or view via webcast the March 22 discussion on the future of hunting, fishing and wildlife management in Arizona can now submit comments or questions in advance of the meeting through a web form at www.azgfd.gov/scg. The form is currently operational.

There will be the opportunity to provide oral or written comments at the meeting. Constituents who wish to provide oral comments must do so in person at the Phoenix meeting location. Those who are watching either via video stream at the Game and Fish regional offices or over the web at www.azgfd.gov/webcast can submit comments/questions via the web form, but will not be able to present oral comments.

Please note that we will strive to accommodate as many of the people who wish to speak or provide comments during the meeting as we can, but due to time constraints, not all comments may be addressed during the allotted time. However, all comments will be saved and noted.

The meeting will be held Thursday, March 22, 6-9 p.m., at the Arizona Game and Fish Department headquarters at 5000 W. Carefree Highway in Phoenix. Any member of the public is invited to attend. The meeting was called for by action of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission at its Jan. 25 meeting, due to the recent debate over important issues related to hunting, fishing and wildlife management. The Commission asked Kurt Davis, a member of the commission, to chair an ad hoc group that will explore ways to unite stakeholders in working together in a positive manner on important issues.

In response to some constituent queries, meeting organizers emphasize that the meeting is not about rehashing recent events related to HB 2072, but rather, focusing on moving forward in a positive manner and cultivating a spirit of communication and cooperation between and among constituents, the commission, and the department. It is hoped that comments are directed toward that objective.

It is anticipated a meeting agenda will be posted later tomorrow.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

please talk to as many people you can and lets pack the meeting.......we really need to let the sportsman's voice be heard....... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom