Donuts can kill ya :o

E

edhunter

Hey Dawg, after I tell you this story you'll realize that donuts and coffee can be lethal. That's why our fishcops spend so much time getting used to the lethal substances. Here is the story as related to me by Uncle Charley

Charles flew B-17 42-107077 on a mission to Ludwigshafen, Germany on May 27th, 1944. He is a snaposis of the post flight inspection of is plane after the squadron was attacked by 50-75 Me 109's. "Many ships sustained damage, including Lt. Anderson's which returned with a hole 4'X 18" in the vertical stabilizer. In addition two 20mm cannon shells had exploded at the rear of #3 engine, turning the right wing into a sieve.

May 28th, 1944 the log reads "on the 1st pass 75-100 fighters met them head on. One the 1st pass they shot down 42-97472 flown by Lt. Anderson and 4 other B-17's. Uncle Charley spent time in three prison camps and was finally liberated April 29th, 1945 by blood and guys Patton.

After 11 months he was very thin and kepts his wits about him when the Red Cross coffee and donuts tent was opened. He tells about a couple of enlisted men who were famished physically and mentally. They hit the Red Cross offerings like fishcops at Krispy Kremes.
"It seemed that they were having a contest," he said. "We weren't fed very well and the sight of all those donuts and coffee were just too much. They couldn't stop. After the 6th donut and 4th mug of coffee they kill'd over dead."

So don't be too hard on the donut boys, if they didn't condition themselves, it could kill 'em.

Ed

Well Ed,

I ran your story past some of the boys up here. Had to make a Krispy Kreme run for the office... ran into 4 Fishcops sitting in there holding some chairs down and working some glazed action over. Guy at the counter told me they'd been sitting there so long the cleaning lady tried to dust them off.

Anyhoo... I ran your story past one of them and he told me his grandpa was one of those POW's that keeled over during the Donut fest. He told me, "Since then, much like OJ Simpson, I have vowed to dedicate my life to avenging my grandfathers death. I have vowed to eat every donut I encounter on the face of this earth until they are ALL destroyed and his death is avenged. My work will not be done until every donut is gone and every cup of coffee. Only then can Gramps rest in peace. Well that and my other goal in life is to seek out and destroy any cub bears that stray more than 15 feet from the mothers nipple, as outlined in the DWR charter of laws."

So apparently, they have a reason for those donut runs. And we thought it was just to setup and catch me in case I spotted a couple bighorn sheep in the parking lot and cut loose on them. I didn't have the heart to tell them that of the 4 or 5 sheep carcasses I've stood over up on Timp, I didn't see a donut anywhere near them!!! Jokes on them!!

Long live the donut, the cup 'o mud, and the nursing bear cub!!!

-Dawg "The Anti-FishCop"...

I read about the donuts and it reminded me of a TRUE story my uncle told me. Now this is no fish story, but coming from a houndsman I know how reluctant it may be to believe.
It happened quite a few years back. My uncle and his working buddies alway went to a donut shop downtown. My uncle told me for some reason "those were the best donuts I'd ever ate."
So he and his buddies were like clock work. Everyday they would be at the donut shop swapping stories with the local fishcops. And everyday they would eat numerous of donuts. Well they showed up to the donut shop and it wasn't a pretty site. The donut shop had the yellow caution tape around it and cops were on the scene. He said their were cops all around just sobbing like little girls. The cops were so tore up about their favorite donut shop closing down that they couldn't get out what had happened. He later found out in the news paper what had occured. Apparently, the donut chef had been arrested for some obscene reason. You know how donuts have holes in them, well the chef was using no hands to make these holes. Lets just say he was raping the dough. He was caught early in the morning with his pants to his ankles making the holes in the donuts.
This is an honest to god story boys as it was told to me. No fish here. I'm just letting you know so you don't make the same mistake my uncle did. Alway get to know the krispy cream chef. Find out if he has a record before you eat.

Beartree Krispy Cream...putting the cream in donuts!

Are you sure he was doing the holes or puttin' the cream in the cream filled ones???

Ed, Read a book called "A Distant Prayer". It is fairly short so it won't strain your mental capacities. It is a story of a world war II vet and his time in prison camp. He talks about being rescued and how the Doctors finally let them have a night out on the town, but warned them not to eat or drink because of their frail physical condition.

Well, two of the boys ignored the doctors orders, began to indulge and within minutes keeled over dead!! Same scenario without the donuts.

It's a good book.

Cat, I'm full of BS but Uncle Charley was there amigo. He is 6' 3" and weighed just over 100 pounds when Patton broke down the barbed wire and liberated them. Facinating story coming from the eyes who saw.

Bear, I'm a donut man but we don't go for them kind who violate the dough. Ya don't bad mouth another man's hounds and ya don't violate the dough.

Ed

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom