Doublers

B

Bura Nut

I bought a second doubler to try out my 15x56's with two doublers. It works real good, with two doublers it changes the bino's into 30x binos. I know someone said only the right eyepiece accepts a doubler, well they heard wrong. Also, there is an insert with your doubler that allows the doubler to work on 10x42's as well as 15x's...... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Allen,

Where'd you get your doublers? As you know I now have my 15's...and I'd like to start of with one and then later as I save more $$$ get another...I also need to get the 10x and Leica rangefinder...

Scott G.

Allen,

How would 10x50s and two doublers stack up against the 15x56s? Taking into account light gathering ability, and overall hassle of attaching the doublers, price and functionality... It seems it may be superior, thoughts?

It will be awhile before I can afford to spend this type of money on opics, but maybe this is the route I will go.... hummm.....

I got my doublers from DNR sports on-line. I paid 220.00 including tax and they are a USA dealer according to the guy. Eric: as to comparing 10x50's to 15x56's I would personally want the 15x's because of greater magnification for scoring with the doublers. I am pretty hung up on having 10x's on me and 15x's in my backpack. I probably didnt answer the question right, but I dont think the 10x50's with two doublers would be as good as the 15x's with doublers only because of the greater magnification.....Hope this makes sense.... Thanks, Allen......

Allen, you made perfect sense. The point I was making was the 10X56s with doublers vs. plain 15x56s - no doublers. Obviously the magnification would be greater on the 10s, but is the overall package better... Just someone stupid to kick around...

If your looking to avoid gettng the 15's, then I would say YES, you could use the 10x w/doublers. I personally wouldn't do it, cause then you'd be consistently taking the doublers off and on...I like haveing the 10 around my neck free to use when I'm stalking or doing a quick glass of an area. I just got my new 15's and are going to use them strickly use them for "hard core" glassing...I will soon have doublers as well!

Hope this helps...

Scott G.

BuraNut--thanks for the update---on my office computer I've got a link for a place that had the doublers at a great price--tomorrow or later I'll double check it and post it--chris

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom