Duplex Dead Center Bullet ?

S

Steelermadman2002

Duplex Dead Center Bullet ?

Hi All,

Its me...the rookie again. I am wondering if anybody has experience with the Duplex Dead Center? Bullet, the 195 grain,.357.

I performed a search and could not find much about it here.

The ballistic chart from thier website and the reviews ( http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/Technical.html) seem impressive and may be something I should look into hunting out west on Mule or Coues deer.

Thoughts? Performance on game?

Andy

RE: Duplex Dead Center Bullet ?

Can't tell you much except that I tinkered with it a while using different powders and primers and could never get it to group real good.
I've had much better luck with the Barnes.

I shoot an Omega that will get tight groups with several different combos but not the 195 gr Dead Center.

If you find a good mix, let me know as I would really like to try it on game.

I have not tried the 195 gr Dead Center but I have played with several other sizes in my Knight MK-85 (240, 300, 330, and 360 gr). For me to get consitant groups at both 100 and 150 yards I need to shot the 360 grain bullet.

I've had mixed results when shot at game. I've taken two deer at less the 100 yards. The first was a large 3X3 buck the left a blood trail 3 wide. The second was a small meat buck that I was luck to find. Not a single drop of blood from where I hit him to 75 yards away where I found him. Both shots took out the lungs and top of the hart.

400bull

if you dig deep on the main site for those guys, they have many. They will tell you what shoots best with what twist. 1 in 28 shoots the heavier bullets best, 1 in 32 shoots a middle range from 250 to 400 grains, 1 in 48 shoots under 275 best. Either way if your guns a 50 then I would not drop below 44 caliber. And like Moondog said, barnes is a better bullet.

Thanks for the second review. I will try them out along with a couple of others....once I get my ML...which should be today if all goes well.

The twist on my barrel will be 1:28, after looking at the ballistics, I think the 260 grain will be what I start with.

Thanks again for the help,

Andy

I have had great luck using the 260gr deadcenters out of my .45. 5 deer and 3 elk no problems.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom