dutton antelope scouting pics

alpinebowman

I finally made it down to look for some speed goats and found a few.
this is the tallest one we found and hopefully I can get the wife close enough for a shot.
goat1.jpg

here is another decent one that bedded all by himself in a great little area to stalk him. not huge but I would be happy to hang him on my wall.
goat3.jpg

here is an average buck we saw down there nothing to write home about but cool to see them before the hunt.
gaot2.jpg

We saw about 60 goats over the weekend which isn't great but it still got us stoked before our first antelope hunt.

Besides the antelope the jack rabbits are thick down there so I had a little target practice for the weekend. I got a little prairie dog critter at 44 yds but he managed to get back into his hole with a large SGH hole in him so no pic. I shot the first rabbit at 37 yds and the second one at about 20 yds. these were the first critters I got with the SGH and I was definitely impressed with what they did.
rabbit1.jpg

rabbit2.jpg

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

Best of luck to your wife. Like you, I am aso looking forward to the archery opener in a few weeks. Here are a couple I found yesterday. I am not a trophy hunter and would probably take either of these. Gotta hurry up filling this tag so I can chase everyones favorite, the muley.:)

P1050067.JPG

Another look
P1050078.JPG

P1050166.JPG

Same guy
P1050278.JPG

Wow!!! Those are some great shots of prongboys. My youngest son has a rifle permit for Dutton this year, but we haven't been doing any scouting yet. We wanted to leave it alone for the bowhunters first. Are you guys bowhunting? If so, be sure to post results, stories, and any other informationg you can come up with. It would be greatly appreciated.

mtmiller

that second buck looks similar to a buck that I have my eyes on down there. I would be happy with him also. I feel your pain with the hurry to get a antelope. the wife and I also have muley tags I also have an elk and a moose tag to fill so I am pretty booked until December.

dleonard3, we are bowhunting so it should be fun. we have been lookng at the southeast part of dutton but need to expand the area. We checked out a few other places but nothing with much potential yet. I will hopefully know more after this weekend.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

Great pictures guys. Good luck with the dutton tag too. Looks like you fing a good one down there.

That last photo should be framed Miller.
buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom