e-mail from game dept...

L

littlefoot

xx.jpg

I saw that yesterday. I think it's a good thing, as long as they don't give the indians a key. How do you feel about it?

ABOUT TIME! I wrote them a letter last spring in regards to closing the Quilomene winter range. I will miss seeing 380+ bulls in the winter range, but after seeing idiots chasing the elk with quads I think this closure is an excellent idea. I was disgusted after seeing these a-holes driving on open hillsides chasing herds of elk (miles from any legal green dot road).

Hopefully this will help bring back the Colockum herd so that the game department will give out more tags in the future. As far as the Indians go, I wont get into that subject. I think we all feel the same about that.

That closure is just for the grounds south of Quilomene ridge which holds less elk that that country north of there. There's still plenty of country to see the elk wintering. That area around the Brushy Cr fields and West Bar is still accessible but you won't be allowed in the petrified forest in the Whiskey Dic.

fossil.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom