E-plus

bulls1

The new e-plus and SCR lists are out. It has reached an all time low. It now only takes 2 acres to get an unit wide tag in 16d.

That's absolutely ridiculous and NM has made some dang poor decisions on their tags this year and from next year on with nonresident allocations. I'm glad I went to the Gila last year and am helping my buddy in 2b in November because I definitely will not be back after that.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-11 AT 01:08PM (MST)[p]No doubt about it...the system is broken and corrupt. This is the part that the sportsmen of the state should have tried to change first. Make them all ranch only and let the private land and management thereof stand on its own. Get of the unit wide bull#!%$ and these "small contributing ranch" permits.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-11 AT 07:14PM (MST)[p]The Unit wide part is NOT an issue to me. ALL public hunters CAN hunt on every UW ranches land with full and equal access. If they are driving on a road and lock a gate, I will be happy to cut their lock off and drive on in.

SCR stands for "Small Contributing Ranch", they should change the title to TCR for Tiny Contributing Ranch!!

How is it that 2-20 acres is enough to get an elk tag? That's the part I don't understand nor agree with. If these little "ranches" are all alflafa fields and the elk are eating it all and tearing up fences....I'll kiss your ass! I don't beleive that for one dam second.

Another thing that pisses me off about this is the fact that by law these ranches are require to submit a map showing the boundaries of their "ranch" AND we are supposed to have access to these maps, but it is impossible to get access to these maps because they don't exist or are written on a napkin in a bar.

Attn all Nonresident DIY type hunters: Come on over and purchase yourself 2 acres in New Mexico, sign up for the SCR program and get your tag! Hell, you could possibly pay it off in 1-2 years just by selling the tag!!

"Windage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

"Attn all Nonresident DIY type hunters: Come on over and purchase yourself 2 acres in New Mexico, sign up for the SCR program and get your tag! Hell, you could possibly pay it off in 1-2 years just by selling the tag!!"

Not a bad idea and I might just look for a place while I'm out there this year in November hunting in 2b!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom