EAGLE FEATHER QUESTION???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
No!

I Didn't Shoot an Eagle!

Wondering if it's Legal to Possess & Own an Eagle Feather for a Hat?

If I Buy one from a Tribal Member with a Bill of Sale?

Does that make it Legal?

If I Find an Eagle Feather in the Forrest?

Can I Legally Pick it Up & Possess it?

Thanks!

[Font][Font color = "blue"]Ah yes we have insider trading and computer dating but I never goin for that!
Ain't no machine pickin out my Queen cause it may not have all the facts!
I've got my own taste and my own ways I'd rather not talk about
and my private life is my private life and they ain't gonna find out!

90087hankjr.jpg

When I was a kid I found a couple of wing feathers from a hawk from two differnt parts of the state. I put them in my hat when out dove hunting and got checked by the warden he asked me if they were turkey feathers I said no I think they are hawk well he said I could not own them and he took both of them so I bet eagle feathers are a no no also. I would look at utah.gov you might find somthing more updated.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-17 AT 10:09AM (MST)[p]That's exactly what that F-Troop hat needs is an eagle feather.

And no, I don't think you can have them.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-17 AT 10:56AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-17 AT 10:53?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-17 AT 10:48?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-17 AT 10:40?AM (MST)

No, Bess, you CANNOT possess them without a waiver from the USFWS for "scientific", "educational" or "depredation" purposes or unless you're using them strictly for religious purposes and are registered with a Native American tribe recognized by the US Government. Good luck getting a waiver! Maybe you can con the rest of us into believing you have a need for them, but you'll have a hard time convincing a federal judge after they fine you $25,000 per the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918 with Canada which lists over 800 birds including Bald Eagles and Golden Eagles. And I, for one, will not show up in court to vouch for your good character!

Edited: What Mbogo said below!

PS, Is there some kind of record for editing posts on this forum?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-17 AT 10:42AM (MST)[p]Utah Code Title 23, Ch. 20, ? 3 proscribes the unauthorized taking, selling, transporting or purchasing of any protected wildlife or its parts. An authorized taking requires a license obtained under Utah Code 23-19-1. A violation is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of $1,000.

But souvenir hunters targeting eagle feathers in Utah are also subject to more stringent federal laws protecting the national symbol that preclude individuals from taking eagles or their feathers. The Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act prohibits anyone from taking any part of a bald or golden eagle without a license from the Secretary of the Interior. The penalty for violating this law is a fine of up to $100,000 (double for organizations), imprisonment for one year, or both for a first offense. A second violation of the act elevates the crime to felony status.

Bald and golden eagles are the only eagle species found in the United States.

The Migratory Bird Treaty Act precludes buying and selling eagle feathers among treaty signatories including Great Britain, Canada, Mexico, Russia and Japan.

Native Americans have long used eagle feathers in healing, naming and marriage ceremonies. To meet the Native American demand for eagle feathers while maintaining protection for the birds, the U.S. government established the National Eagle Repository in the 1970s. Native Americans seeking eagle feathers are now required to obtain them exclusively from the repository. The repository is a warehouse for the approximately 1,000 carcasses found by wildlife personnel throughout the country each year. It collects many eagles that have been electrocuted or run over by cars.

Eagles and eagle parts from the National Eagle repository are available only to enrolled members of Native American tribes. The waiting list contains about 5,000 names; the wait to receive eagle feathers or other eagle parts is about three and a half years. Eagle feathers received from the repository may not be sold or given away to non-Native Americans.

Or, you could just go for it and tell them it's a turkey feather . . .

>All BS bess.......you can have them
>
>
>
>
323421626570513685990098870652286725493870346854n.jpg

OK Homer!

That's All I Needed to Know!

If I Get My Ass in a JAM I'm Gonna tell the Warden A Friend of Mine In KALI Sold it to Me & I Do Have a Bill of Sale for it!

[Font][Font color = "blue"]Ah yes we have insider trading and computer dating but I never goin for that!

90087hankjr.jpg

So?

I Can Buy them on Amazon!

90087hankjr.jpg

So?

I Take it there's SPECIAL Regulations for TARDS?

JFP!!!

90087hankjr.jpg

>Bbop, you want to buy a
>California Condor feather mattress? :D
>

LOL!

90087hankjr.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-17
>AT 10:09?AM (MST)

>
>That's exactly what that F-Troop hat
>needs is an eagle feather.
>
>
>And no, I don't think you
>can have them.

Hey NVB!

I Cain't SPLAIN it any better than this:

90087hankjr.jpg

Was given one in a northern Cheyenne ceremony before heading to the Persian gulf. Was told it was one of the few ways a white guy could poses one. Wish I would have taken better care of it.

Wondering if I Could do what Chris LeDoux done?

"""Now the Eagle Feather was given to me by an Indian Friend of Mine"""

90087hankjr.jpg

Wasn't the Declaration of Independence written up with Eagle feather quills?????...I still use them to practice penmanship...find them lying around all over Wyoming...

LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-17 AT 08:19AM (MST)[p]I think it was a turkey feather.

Bess I'm told you're pretty good man, and I believe you are, but I'm pretty sure that neither you nor I could hold the light for Chris LeDoux

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-17
>AT 08:19?AM (MST)

>
>I think it was a turkey
>feather.
>
>Bess I'm told you're pretty good
>man, and I believe you
>are, but I'm pretty sure
>that neither you nor I
>could hold the light for
>Chris LeDoux

Probably So NVB!

I Shook the Mans Hand a Time or Two!

Too Bad He's Not Still around!

90087hankjr.jpg

Tell em' Tog gave it to you and he's cooking crystal meth in his moms trailer house. You'll be off the hook elkass.

Kind of disturbing one is likely to get into more hot water over an eagle feather than say a computer server in a bathroom.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

[http://bismarcktribune.com/news/loc...le_bd386178-e54d-5998-9503-cb13a106b2a4.html]

No, it's not legal unless you are a registered member of a tribe. Doesn't matter where or how you got it. Even if you are a registered tribal member, it's illegal to buy or sell not just eagle feathers, but any hawk, owl, vulture, or songbird feathers.

It's a federal law since 1940 (for Bald Eagles). It's extremely unlikely that a Federal agent would arrest someone for just having a picked up a feather. They would, however, let them know it is illegal. Likely or not, the fact remains that it IS illegal and COULD be prosecuted. Not worth taking the chance, as with a possible $250,000 fine, it's a felony and would disqualify you from firearm ownership. You can buy "eagle feathers" online and at cheesy souvenir shops. Those are either:

1. Dyed turkey feathers;
2. Extremely illegal; or
3. A Federal sting operation.

OK Guys!

Thanks for all the Info!

Guess I'll Keep the KALI Condor Feather that Eel Shot & Sold to me for now!

90087hankjr.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-14-17 AT 11:37PM (MST)[p]Eelgrass the person or persons selling the feathers are just south of me about 15 minutes away but so was the Congressional Shooter!
TOO SOON?

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

OK Guys!

Thanks for all the Info!

Guess I'll Keep the KALI Condor Feather that Eel Shot & Sold to me for now!
So were you attracted by the colorful plumage of the Condor Feather? Did Eel throw in a couple Spotted owl feathers? I am sure he has plenty.
Rutnbuck

>All hunters need this LOOK ?
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/263056765935?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Do You Have one that is 50' Tall?

90087hankjr.jpg

>
>>Do You Have one that is
>>50' Tall?
>>
>>
>
>
>And mounts in the bed of
>a dodge belcher?

He DW!

My Base is Portable!:D

90087hankjr.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom