Eastern Montana bull down

300stw

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-10 AT 05:53AM (MST)[p]been spending some time chasing rumours of elk around ne montana and the either sex elk hunting opportunities, well it finally paid off, even though backpacks are involved due to no motorized vehicles on state land,,,,great hunting lots of packing,,,

2254p1010079.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-10 AT 12:17PM (MST)[p]I know of a few folks that always talk about these small elk herds running around in the 600 units, but i never saw a picture of anyone getting one. But this pic proves its possible! Its nice to know there is a possibility of running into one. Major Congrats on your success, how many days did you hunt for this one?

>
This is the 3rd hunting season rifle and archery i have been after an elk in the 600 units,,,,lots of time but i am getting a handle on it,,,,a 100yard square patch of brush can hold 10 elk,,,,,

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-10
>AT 12:17?PM (MST)

>
>I know of a few folks
>that always talk about these
>small elk herds running around
>in the 600 units, but
>i never saw a picture
>of anyone getting one. But
>this pic proves its possible!
> Its nice to know
>there is a possibility of
>running into one. Major Congrats
>on your success, how many
>days did you hunt for
>this one?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom