Eastern Sierra storm.

nickman

Long Time Member
Those of you that want to scout the G3 or just get some pictures of great bucks, will be happy to know that we are having a MONSTER snowstorm.

By 10 am Saturday, every deer on the Kern Plateau, will be on the winter range, and easy to spot. We have snow wall to wall here now in the valley and it is supposed to continue all night. I have a foot of snow in my yard, at 4,400 ft.........who knows what it looks like at 9,000.

From a G3 standpoint, this would be the best ......or worst ......pre-season storm we have had in maybe 8 years.

EVERY buck that would be here for the rut and the migration, will be totally exposed for the next 4 days, at the very least.

They may not all stay down for 15 days till the season starts, but since all the does will be here, the weather is right, and food will be short......the rut could kick off at any minute. .......and the Winter migration.

The deer will have to adjust to bitter brush real quick, since there will be no other exposed food sources for several days. Once they make that change, there is not much likelihood of them moving back up onto the plateau, since that food supply will be under some serious snow and gone dormant.

Good luck to those with tags.

I won't be here, I have wolf tags in Montana and will miss the G3 this year.

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

Good luck on your hunt, Don. Thanks for the weather report!

I'm looking forward to spending Thanksgiving up there with my wife and kids and hopefully photographing some deer.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Sounds like it will be a great Hunt for those who drew.I will never draw as i used my points already but i would love to go up one year and just look at some of California's better Deer.

was G3 way for a quick check yesterday
only checked one area
virtually zero deer
anyone else with more luck spotting

yalo

Headed up Thanksgiving weekend to scout and then back up for the hunt the following week, took forever to finnaly draw and looking forward to this hunt.

Heading up this weekend as well for a scout trip. Spent lunch yesterday with a fella who knows the area pretty well and gave me several spots to check out. Getting pumped up for December 7th!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom