Ecoboost opinions

sremim

Very Active Member
What are some of your opinions on this new v6 ecoboost on the f150? I may be getting a truck and people keep saying I need to get this....

I will agree on waiting a year or so. My Son bought a new F250 when they brought out the new 6.0 engine, even though I told him to wait and see if it had any bugs when they designed it.

He would not wait and got a lemon of a engine that broke down on three trips and he got rid of it after 18 months on the advice of a Ford dealership mechanic. Then Ford gets rid of the 6.0 engine due to design faults.

RELH

Eco boost is a great system and been tested in Europe before it was bought here. It will get great mileage for sure. I am curious to see who it does pulling. I have the 5.4L right now in the Platinum model and it is the nicest truck I have ever had; hoping to replace it with the new model next year.

i have a buddy who bought one and even though i was against it when he did i am super impressed. it will walk away from the old 5.4. it has a bunch of power( for a gasser )and gets like 20 mpg. who knows about the long term reliabity though

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom