Elk or deer?!

Cam@strawberry

Very Active Member
Heres a time killer what animal is your favorite to hunt?! i like deer but i love rut stupid big stinky screaming bulls. they just get my blood pumping better than anything else!

High country Mule Deer.

horsepoop.gif

definately Elk, having a bull scream in your face with a bow in your hand at 30 yards is an awesome blood pumping experience a person can NEVER get used too :)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I love them both, but i think Elk are funner.

But when i want to get down and dirty serious, there's not a better challenge that hunting open country trophy muleys in my book.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

My choice is Elk, because its not every year that I draw for Elk, and I get to hunt muleys every year!!

Absolutely right! The elk are FUN. That screaming and charging and all that is a KICK!!

I choose mule deer (high country the best). They are smarter and more difficult to catch. They are mostly solitary and live at the TOP of the best-looking country in the world.

I will say, this is a nice problem/choice to have. Mule deer are just a bigger challenge.

I enjoy deer hunting because it is more of a challenge. But then again there is nothing like hunting elk during the rut!

I have never shot a mature bull elk. But some of the funnest hunts I have been on were for cow elk. Then again I have had a blast shooting deer with archery equipment. Then again, I love shooting pheasants,... maybe grouse... I can't decide, they are all so danged cool!!

I just remembered my favorite shoot. It is shooting bats with a shotgun as they leave the barn in the evening. If you have not done this you are really missing out. It is an absolute BLAST!!

2pointer

LAST EDITED ON May-13-08 AT 03:18PM (MST)[p]That's like tying a string to a mans testacles throwing him off a cliff forcing him to make a split seconds decision which testacle to cut off before both of them are ripped off. Ether way you look at it, it is going to be dang painful. If forced to make a decision I would choose deer. I already have a good bull hanging on the wall at home. I need to get a good buck to go on the wall with him.

400bull

I truly enjoy deer more. I figured big mule deer would happen while getting a Utah bull tag. Did not happen. Nice mule deer, but not those big nasty kind!;-)

Elk stink and are too heavy. I like deer best.

2pointer Says
?I just remembered my favorite shoot. It is shooting bats with a shotgun as they leave the barn in the evening. If you have not done this you are really missing out. It is an absolute BLAST!!?

Posting something you do for fun on the internet that is illegal Wow! Watch out for the wardens they could be on their way as we speak! I wonder what the fine would be when he gets caught.

LEGAL STATUS
Utah law protects all species of bats. It is illegal to intentionally kill bats. Additional protection is extended to bat species on the federal endangered species list.

This also goes for any other bats in the USA

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I shot a lot of bats years ago. I even took them to the University for their mammal collection.

It might be illegal to "intentionally" kill one now. Back then if you actually hit one it was an "accident", so to speak.:) It was fun to try though.

Bat guano is a favorite fertilizer for marijuana growers, so maybe that's why it's illegal to kill one.

Eel

SWBuckmaster,

Thanks for the heads up. What I meant to say was a I heard that is was fun. Yeah that is it.

SAVE THE BATS!!

2pointer

Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you were going to tell us how fun it was to shoot bald eagles or seagulls.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

No doubt for me. Mule deer always have been and always will be #1. I've got a few solid bucks and they are mcuh harder to kill than a big elk IMO. I've got a big elk and he just does not mean as much to me. I always tell my elk crazy buddies that no self respecting animal would pee in his own face. :)

And I like hunting rimrock, brush and timberline country. Any weapon will do, but recently I prefer archery because there are fewer hunters around.

High,Heavy,and Wide Muley at Timberline? Screaming, Ruttin, Bulls in September? Gun at my head? I go with Elk.

Killed a pile of bucks as a youth...not much interest anymore..

Killed a pile of nasty bulls as an adult ...still gets me going just thinking about it.

HK

GO HARD KORE OR DON'T GO AT ALL

Bull elk hands down. Mule deer are pretty cool and a true challenge to kill, but To me there si nothing like chasin gbig stinky ruttin bulls!

Elk are a hoot for sure. They are big and impressive. The meat is not half bad either. Screaming bulls sure get the blood going.

Mule deer, they have to be the smartest, toughest, most respectable big game animal alive. Shooting a booner bull is cool, but a booner buck is no easy feat and probably the toughest one to get. They are neat animals and I hope Utah fixes their herd. Honest mule deer nuts that can put numerous booners on the wall are unreal. I wish I had the skills and drive to get it done.

ar,

you big stinky horny goofball? What is up with you anyway?;-)

Favorite to hunt, muley bucks are more fun. Elk are exciting and provide the meat.

It is not even a contest in my mind, muleys hands down. I try to have 3 muley tags a year in my pocket. I will hunt elk when my time comes in WY or NV but until then, muleys rock.

Rich

OK guys, get your mind out of the gutter...
Big, horny, stinky elk!!!

AWLB...you been talking to ktc way too much....but we all know the truth!!! lol... and I'm way too old!

I really would love to kill a monster muley....but as long as I'm hunting, I'm happy!
I hope I can help a few of these people who are PMing me kill some monster bulls this year....That would be great too!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom