Elk Unit 6 Bulls

H

Highcountry7

Found a drainage where there are six to eight mature 300 class bulls that filter in there during the season. It happens around the middle of season and gets better towards the end, especially with weather. I have found a razor back ridge to glass and shoot from that is perfect for taking shots from 200 to 800 yards, but need a spotter, packer as it a ways into this drainage. I need a partner that is committed to taking off time to do this.

Sounds like you have a good area or something figured out. I hunt that unit and live about two hours away. I usually buy the A and B tag and take off time every season. How far in is this area? Hike in only? Hunting pressure? We should meet, do a scouting trip if your interested?

Lower part of the Joe. So it is about 3 miles in from the top. You get there from an old brushed in logging road and drop dowm to a ridge that goes through the center of the drainage. Off of this you can see both sides which are huge brushy fields where the bulls come out and feed. It's a pretty good hike in from the top at Rochat into Street Creek where the razor back ridge is located. There isn't much hunting pressure esecially at the end of the season when it's at it's best. Pretty good archery hunting in Rochat too. I also have some pics of these bulls through my spotting scope to show you. Sounds good Huntinfool1 shoot me your contact info and we can meet up do some scouting. I live in CD'A and am ready to start going soon, let me know.

and every other tom, ##### and harry that has the interent and hunting this year.
WAS a good spot for elk, now a great spot to get some exercise with a pack to meet all the guys for lunch.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
a certain individuals response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/19864.html
There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

I was actually just kidding, Im only deer hunting this year. You should be able to talk about specific areas on here without worries but you cant sadly.

I have hunted around this area also have seen the bulls bachelor up at the very end of the A-tag rifle season as well, usually the last few days of October when the leaves have fallen off of all the brush and the bulls think they are still hidden. Weather helps speed this up also.I know this post was from last year but if your still looking for a hunting partner message me back, as the elk herd is doing well in this area. I pretty much hunt as much as I can during both A and B tag seasons.

Let me know if you're still needing a hunting partner. I have hunted that area and know what your talking about. I know how to access the lower part of that drainage just south of Round Top. Just need a four wheeler or a dirt bike.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom