Elk unit 7 guide recommendation (rifle)

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Hi, well I drew this tag this year with 4 points and a general tag price. Lucky as I was I didn't plan on this. I have a great chance at drawing an early Utah elk tag this year but can't afford two guided hunts and since it would be my once in a lifetime tag (Utah)I don't want to blow it. So, I've decided to get a guide and go to unit 7 Wyoming. Too old to go unguided, elk weigh allot, so need help with deciding on a good guide. I know Wagonhound is there but too pricey. Any ideas?

>
>Elk Mountain Outfitters whack some big
>bulls.

This. Mike Wakkuri is your guy. A lot of fun to hunt with. I've been there several times.

Triple Creek if he's not full. I think WyTex knows the area and outfitters well, so I'd follow what he says too.

hwy

Just small town enough to know folks guiding up there and what we hear.
Everyone mentioned is good folk , Elk Mountain Outfitters are well known, good friends of our taxidermist.
Several ranches outfit as well. Might talk with the GW
about some of them.
I do know a guide for Wagonhound and they have a never camp that is a little lower price but great hunting, tent camp.
You'll find high dollar exclusive hunts and regular folk, rancher type hunts in 7. Depends on how much you want to spend, or you can go DIY and have success.

Thanks for your inputs I have already left messages to a few of them. Thanks, keep them coming if you know any more.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom