Elk

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-10 AT 12:50PM (MST)[p]I see that sort of worked. The link showed up in my initial post and then I edited it out.

Now how do I go from the link to the actual photo showing up?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-10 AT 01:09PM (MST)[p]By some miracle I figured it out.

This is my first bull elk. I have hunted elk about 9 times over the years, mostly for cow, and finally had this opportunity to kill a bull. Words cannot express how happy I am with this bull. Hunted hard, had to quarter him on a hill side by myself which took 6 1/2 hours, and then had to pack him out. I was blessed to have my oldest daughter and my father along.

8560dsc06844.jpg

792dsc06848.jpg

6917img_2089.jpg

618img_2100.jpg

Congrats! Great looking bull and with the family there to boot. Looks like it was great hunting weather in jeans and a t-shirt in Dec. Tough to beat NM winter weather.

was that with a bow on the dec otc tag hunt?

Sad thing is that I've been in that canyon. Gotta remember not to post pics with to much detail in the background. how much you gonna pay me to keep quiet?? lol

It was a ranch only landowners tag, do it yourself hunt. I shot him with a "longbow"...my 300 win mag.

Stinky, I'm not surprised that you have seen that canyon before, and I'm sure all you unit 34 types have as well.

congrats. Nice to make memories with the daughter. I got to do that this year.

That 6 1/2 hour quarter job will be 2 1/2 next year. The first one is a bich.

If someone had videoed that 6 1/2 hours it would both make you all laugh and also provide a "what no to do" instructional video. I gutted him after two quarters were off in order to lighten him up turn him over.

Hillsides aren't that much fun in the butching part.
Nice Bull glad you had family along.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom