End of Watch 7/25/2016 - SGT Craig Hutchinson

Roy

LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-16 AT 09:16AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-16 AT 09:14?AM (MST)

http://kxan.com/2016/07/25/breaking-travis-county-sheriff-officer-shot-in-round-rock/

Our prayers today go out to the Hutchinson family and the local law enforcement community. Rest in peace SGT Hutchinson!

This IS the city I live in!! And, it was just recently ranked as the fourth safest city in the US (according to FBI data and census figures as compiled by niche.com http://patch.com/texas/downtownaustin/round-rock-deemed-one-nations-safest-cities).

The bottom line is that there is evil in this world that we cannot avoid. People steal, lie, cheat, and seek to harm others to avoid the consequences of that. We do our best to protect the innocent from them but sometimes we just can't. Evil will have its day.

But - God bless those who put their lives on the line to fight that evil!!

Though his death is sad and tragic - it is the very embodiment of the doctrine of the only One who can ultimately save us from all this:

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends..."

We can protest, we can rally, we can post things online and argue back and forth, we can vote for change, and hope the politicians make the correct decisions, but they continually prove incapable of exacting any real, lasting change. Ultimately it is up to us, and we can't count on anyone else to change, we can only change ourselves.

I don't know. Maybe there is no hope. Maybe we are doomed for a certain long foretold destruction. Maybe the world is too far gone to hold it back. All I know is I must try. I must do my own best for me and my family, and for my community. And the best thing I know how to do is to love others. I have seen the hearts of men change. I have seen them correct years of bad decisions and years of bad habits and become better, become new. Maybe I wouldn't believe it was even possible if I hadn't seen that change happen. If I hadn't seen it happen in me.

But, I have. And it is real. And I can't deny it.

And we have to try.

"Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth"

That's all.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

He was going to retire in September, how heart breaking.

I want to believe that in the end good will triumph over evil, but it sure seems we're losing ground these days. We're supposed to be getting better, not the other way around.

Everything will work out in the end, and if it's not working out, it's not the end. I think. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom