every hour on the hour

D

dreaminbouthuntin

So far, nada. Our crew is 0-3 tags. Not good for us this fall. Drew everything last year.. figures.
Been checking the back door every hour on the hour... hoping for one last chance at tags. Anyone else excited for disappointment? Lol

Wyoming didnt pan out either. And some residence were complaining about the non rez taking all the tags.. lmao.. well this non rez didnt. ;)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-12 AT 02:36PM (MST)[p]I'm 3/16 on tags so far this year. One doe tag and two antelope tags. I applied for points only a lot more than I usually do this year. I'm really hoping that ID gives me a mule deer tag in the draw.

"Go hunt for meat at Wall Mart."

Well I figured since I "cried wolf" sunday on the results are up thread I'd try and call the Lewiston region office and see if they had any info just now. Lady was SUPER *insert sarcasm* helpful and the convo went like this:

ME: "Hi I'm sure you've gotten a lot of calls already but do you happen to know if the controlled hunt drawing is going to be held this week or not?"
HER: "uh huh, have no idea, probably not for awhile"
ME: "Ok thank you, I know last year they came out around this time so I was kind of hopeful!"
HER: "Uh Huh"
ME: "Ok well thank you have a great day."
HER: "Uh Huh"..... CLICK

I can't stand rude people! Figures though coming from IDFG...

Mike

I just talked with a very nice lady at the Boise office... She said the drawing has not been completed cause they had several issues with this years system. She said to start checking the website late next week and plan on results coming out on the 29th.

Seriously? I wonder what kind of problems. Well, if i dont draw i will blame the computer system this year.. :)

I'm guessing that its going to be next week sometime. Friday of this week at the earliest... but honestly, no one of us really knows! If the lady in the Boise IDFG office was correct and they are having problems, they are going to try and fix it, and then run a bunch of test draws before they do the "Official" draw.

Mike

"test draws..." Does anybody else think it's crazy that the general public really has no idea what computerized system runs this damn thing?

For all the money, time, and fame that goes into drawing tags, I find it incredible that there isn't more transparency demanded.

It will be late next week I bet.

I can see it now. Hey that guy drew for all his hunts and the guys who usually get the tags didn't get any. It must be broken, let's do it over.

The system was set up by BSU and tested/certified random in 1975. I believe. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

Certified random but there has to be some formula it follows. My wife used to draw all the time until she took my last name. Hasn't drawn a tag since. Another funny phenomenom, every two years and one month I get the jury duty call. Again, wife never got the call until a month after she took my last name, now she also gets the jury duty call every two years and once even got called a year after she served. How's that for random? I must have pissed someone off at some point. At least other states seem to treat me very well.

Good luck to all in the draw! (Let's see if karma helps!)

>Certified random but there has to
>be some formula it follows.
>My wife used to draw
>all the time until she
>took my last name. Hasn't
>drawn a tag since. Another
>funny phenomenom, every two years
>and one month I get
>the jury duty call. Again,
>wife never got the call
>until a month after she
>took my last name, now
>she also gets the jury
>duty call every two years
>and once even got called
>a year after she served.
>How's that for random? I
>must have pissed someone off
>at some point. At least
>other states seem to treat
>me very well.
>
>Good luck to all in the
>draw! (Let's see if karma
>helps!)

Things that make you go - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

There was a guy that claimed he has drawn every trophy species since 2006! He drew Cali Ram last year and this year drew Bighorn.

I know a family that have 3 sons. Between them and their father they've drawn one of the top 4 ID Muley rifle hunts every time but once over the last 6 years. Last 3 three of them drew it. The year before the other brother drew. Two years prior two of them drew it...etc

What are the CHANCES of that happening? No doubt there are people who get drawn frequently for the sake of not having a pattern or it appearing that everyone will get drawn before a repeat draw happens for another person. Bullchit I know...

Mike

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-12 AT 01:18PM (MST)[p]As I am sitting here waiting for this draw, rather impatiently at that, you guys are at least entertaining. Reminds me of the guys at the roulette table in vegas looking at 10 reds in a row betting the house on black because it can't possibly come red again.

It would be great for some more insight on how the draws are conducted but I have no doubt they are random.

I have put in several years for myself and my wife. More or less we have put in for the same hunts. I have drawn a mule deer, spring bear, turkey and a bull moose. My wife is 0-19 on draws. Does that mean it isn't random? Doubtful.

Our minds always try and look for patterns. It would take many lifetimes of draws and more than a few buddies patterns to ever see the true randomness.

Good luck on the draws and I hope they come out soon!

We started doing random drug test where i work about 3 years ago. I've been selected 11 out of 13 times. Some people still haven't been selected at all yet. I wish i had that kinda luck with the draws.

>We started doing random drug test
>where i work about 3
>years ago. I've been
>selected 11 out of 13
>times. Some people still
>haven't been selected at all
>yet. I wish i
>had that kinda luck with
>the draws.
>
>"Go hunt for meat at Wall
>Mart."

You need to stop wearing your Bob Marley t-shirt to work and get rid of the dreadlocks.

After going 6 for 6 in my home state of Wyoming (my 13 year-old daughter and I both went 3 for 3. Antelope was a 2nd choice hunt if that's any consolation!) I don't dare hold out any hope for an Idaho tag. Glad I bought my Lifetime license before I moved to Wyoming. What's the 'backdoor'way to check that's been eluded to? I though I knew most the secrets.......
Thx

www.HuntForeverWest.com

You can go to the F & G website, go to puchase license, enter your info. Then go to purchase tag, if you drew something it will show a controlled tag. Otherwise it just shows the regular OTC tags.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

What about for those that bought their sportsmans package and already have their "deer receipt". Does the back door still show up as a controlled tag?

Mike

I applied for unlimited controlled hunts, and still show nothing on the tag listing on the online system.

Copy that thanks.

I think we're stuck waiting till next week guys.. at least thats what I'm going to be telling myself! Atleast I'll be away from the computer most this weekend fishing and seeing the GF so hopefully I won't be driving myself crazy wondering if we drew or not! lol

Mike

I talked with them this morning, as of 10 the drawing still hasn't been completed. She said she is currently working on it but having issues. She also said it will be next week before it's completed and later next week when results are posted.

I'm putting my money on tomorrow. Most other states come out on a friday. I think it's kinda like letting someone know that they're getting laid off. You do it on Friday and not Monday so that they have a few days to cool down and not go postal before everyone comes back to work.

Good hell idaho, get your chit together. What kind of computer system are they running? DOS? Judast!! I'm dieing to get my 45 muzzy tag, C'mon!!!

This is killing me! Just tell me I didn't draw so I can cry to my wife enough that she will won't be so mad when I buy landowner tag in new Mexico!

Just waiting. Last chance for a draw tag and probably the worst odds of any I applied for. O'well someone has to get lucky. Best of luck to you all.

>Just checked the back door and
>either nothings up yet or
>didnt draw.

So did I. I checked the computer too.

July 10 is pretty close to when they said they were going to be posted last year. And i think they got posted on june 18th. So go ahead and wait until the 10th if you want.

Talked to the lady in the boise office and asked when the results would be out. And of course they give u the safe answer and say they have till july 10 to get results out. But then she said check later on this week on the internet and they should be under the what's new section on there website. so thats what I was told yesterday. I wish they would hurry there ass up!

##### all you want, but most on here will be much less happy after the draw than now so savor the anticipation....

All I'm hoping for now is a chance to guide one of my son's...which would be AWESOME....

I talked to the idaho falls office and I asked if the draw is done. She said "its a process, It takes more than a day to draw and check the results then they have to enter each winner by hand into the computer the make the tag available to the winners.

I checked my wife's bear in at the Idaho Falls office.. She hates me always asking her about the draw there. :) Nothing...

It would be nice if the draw was done so scouting could get under way. But regardless I am going elk hunting somewhere in idaho.

Figured I would jump in on this one, haha!!!!

They will be out online by Fri MAX. Thats what I am betting on and going by what the they/the regs state, they will inform us via post card by July 10th (go read it, page 84). So lets think about this, the regs word for word state, "All successful applicants, except those applying for spring black bear, will be sent a post card at the address listed on their hunting license by July 10th". This being said, they have to allow, snail mail as the official avenue to notify applicants. Well 7-10 business days (allowing folks from out of state to receive the notification via traditional mail methods) is clearly our "official" notification. So, the 1st falling on a Sun, the results will be out Fri at the latest (probably sooner) being they have to print post cards and hit the mail no later that Fri being Sat and Sun are not recognized as "business mailing days". If they sent post cards on Mon the 2nd, they are officially behind with the allotment of 7-10 mailing days for the guys in Maine or the East Cost, what ever, applying for a tag to receive their notification. SOOOOOOOO, they will be done and posted via the web more than likely Thurs maybe tomorrow being they have to print post cards and mail them by Fri in order to hit the dates stated. Its rocket science I know, I am not saying I am Einstein, but it only makes sense.

I am with all of you though, traditionally they are out sooner and the agony of waiting sucks, but we should all know when we take our vacation time by the end of the week. Just my 2 cents.

CHOOOT EM CLINT!!!!!! HES A TREE SHAKA!!!! (for those of you who watch that show, its a good one)

Good luck all, in the up and coming season!!!!

Let's sure hope you're right, Muledeermottly! And don't forget that the 4th of July is in there during the middle of next week to absorb another mail travel day.

Oh yeah, nice observation B Drake, lets maybe add another day for that mailing thing. Well, I know what you put in for, HAHA, if we all draw, it will be a bang up, bull smackin showdown!!!! Good luck with the draws, chat with ya soon I am sure!

Now I think they're playing with us. I just looked at their homepage and the "Draw results for OIL" was gone. It has been up in the "What's new/recently added" section since the OIL draw. Shoot, it was up first thing this morning! I of course checked everything including the backdoor, to no avail.
I assume they took the OIL down in preparation to post the elk/deer/pronghorn results. We shall see. I wish they hadn't extended the app period by 5 days into June.........

- Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom