exercising (who is)

hounddawgs

How many people are running or going to the gym getting in shape for the up coming spring bear hunts? I have been running 4 miles a day we it my hounds. I have 6 dogs so I take one out every day let's hear what everyone else does to keep in shape

I do a combination of olympic lifting and Crossfit, 3x week, year around, but need to up it and cut some weight before fall. Will probably start supplementing with running, biking and hiking. I need to get the goats in shape to pack anyway. Just waiting for the snow to melt for the hiking.

I work and go to school 5 days a week. I am going to 2 different schools on 1 of those days (work requirement) By the time the weekend hits, I'm done! But with a wife and three young kids, life doesn't slow down on the weekends either. Wish I had time to exercise..........One day.......I keep telling myself that one day I will have earned the time through finishing school to do the things I want....... Probably be dead before I see that day LOL!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-15 AT 01:10PM (MST)[p]At 67 1/2 I've been doing a brisk 2+ mile walk every day for almost 10 years now. This September I have a high country elk hunt I'm helping on, as well as a high country deer hunt of my own and decided to do more to make sure I'm ready for fun. Two weeks ago I started a daily 1/2 hour routine on 3 different machines the neighbor has in his basement. After that I get dressed and go right out for that daily walk. In just two weeks I've already upped the machines quite a bit with the shape I was already in and by September I really think I'll be ready and able to do a lot more than I already can without taxing myself too bad.

I've been a little lax since my moose hunt but I'm back in the groove now with the real prospects of a great mule deer tag.

I lifted weights Friday night and haven't been able to lift my arms to brush my teeth or comb my hair ever since, LOL. I know you guys know how I feel.

The snow is about reduced enough in a few places to hit the hills again and there's always the sidewalks around town.

It will all pay off
it will all pay off
it will all pay off

Zeke

I am just getting to the point where I can do physical activity after getting my appendix removed, followed by several surgery related complications, and spending 13 days in the hospital. I did go through my police in-service training for three days last week without hurting myself.

I usually run 3 miles at least twice a week followed by some weights, push-ups and crunches at home.

Bring on the hunts! After two years of not drawing any hunts in Utah or Nevada I would be happy with anything this year. Even a doe tag.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

I'm not doing it for a bear hunt, but I do exercise everyday. I can't function if I don't. If I don't exercise one day, I get real cranky and down. I've been doing it quite consistently for so long that it's almost a bit of an addiction. I need to get at least a hard 1/2 hour, but usually go an hour or a bit more everyday. Running, Mountain Biking, Weightlifting, Mountain Running/Power Hiking, etc.

I really like picking an event an training hard for it and pushing my butt super hard. Once July rolls around, then I focus on backpacking for the most part.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

ANIMAL!
I used to know how you feel about the addiction but I got over it.
Just eat more Twinkies and it will subside! LMAO
Zeke

You ought to see my Right Arm!:D

Not what you Think!

Lifting Cold DEWS and lots of them 16 ounces at a time!:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

At 52 I have to! I found out a couple of years ago I cant even take off a few months, I finished a 10 day elk hunt that I hiked 7+ miles a day, when I got home I figured I would take some time off to recoup. Bad Idea. Went I went back to my routine I felt like every joint had locked up, I had pains in places that had never bothered me, so I decided then to try and do a little something 5 or 6 days a week. I hike in the local hills 5.5 mile 3X a week and do a push ups, pull ups, planks routine three times a week. Feel a lot better when I keep after it all year. I am running from old age, but every time I look over my shoulder, it is getting closer! I had to drag out a deer this last year at 8000' elevation and backpack another one out my myself, man I can't wait for my son to finish his hitch in the Marine corps this fall. I need some help!!! Good luck to everyone in the drawings!

Just got in from a 5 mile run tonight...started running with my mid thirty year old daughters about 4 years ago and got hooked on competitive distance running. I turned 60 last fall so I am the youngster in my age group. It sure has paid off on my sons goat hunt 1.5 years ago and my bear hunt last spring. Also makes packing elk quarters a little easier when you are in good shape!

Been hitting the gym 3-4 times a week, weights and eliptical. Waiting for the snow to melt and mud to dry up so I can start pushing it up the hills. I'll begin looking for sheds now that we've got more more daylight after I get off work.

Smokepole

I am lifting 3 times a week and running 4 miles 2-3 times a week. I plan on increasing my running in the coming weeks in order to prepare for a half marathon in June. I am not a great runner but I have found that if I sign up for a half marathon it forces me to run. My goal is to be in great shape this fall so that I can keep up with Founder in mountains of Wyoming and then hit the Wasatch hard with my bow this fall.

Hawkeye

"The professional market hunter . . . and the rich people who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions - these are the men who are the real enemies of game."
Theodore Roosevelt

No bear hunt for me either, but I almost died (literally) from exercising two months ago. I had a heart attach while hiking a mountain with my son(trying to keep in shape). Fortunately he was there to get Lifeflight to me and after a couple of stents in my heart, my doctor says I should be good as new.
I am now lifting weights and hitting the incline treadmill 6 days a week for 30-45 minutes. My diet has also turned into rabbit food, but it's all worth it if I can keep chasin critters.

At 65, I am blessed and fortunate to have a second chance, so my advice is to put down the dews Bess! :)

Yep LBH, you would have been a goner if Spence wasn't there.
You had us all scared for a couple days.
You look pretty good now and we're glad you're on the mend.... NOW go hunt a Stone sheep!

Dickndirt was in my office yesterday. The "kid" looks pretty darn good for a 60 year old. He's been at it pretty hard for the last few year and it paid off but he's never let himself get too far out of shape.

Zeke

I'm happy to see that I am not th only over 50 running and trying to keep in shape not only for myself for my family and hunting,fishing. I'm 51 will be 52 in June I don't lift weights but run do push ups and sit ups and yes some of you are animals keep up the good work.

I am lucky enough to live only 2 miles from work. I go home everyday and do an intense 30 minute workout over lunch. Like some of the other guys if I don't do it I feel like crap the rest of the day.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom