f & g changes date for wildlife summit

So a broader base of support is taking monies from animal rights groups, Nature lovers, ect.... to supplant lost income in exchange for a greater voice in management? I think I have seen this mentioned in maybe eastman's magazine?

Freedom is not Free!
RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"
2605scott_tribute.jpg

This is an avenue to express concerns. I think a united voice of a sizeable group would get a lot more attention. I wish we had a group I felt I could really support here, but don't.

What do you think we could do to get their attention.

My thought would be to put together a priority list of X number of issues that we could get a max number of signatures on as support. I think the bigger the number of names the more attention we can get.

Thoughts?

All the hunters that I know, that use to attend these events have pretty much given up in disgust, not guys that just want more trophy animals, but a better herd in general. Last one I attended had about 5 hunters and about 20 F&G personel, we were told all was well, that they had our back, numbers were good, that the only reason we didn't see more deer was because there was alot more foliage on the trees and brush. Opportunity is King in Idaho, even in cases were winter kills or over harvest, whether from over hunting or predators are the case. Good luck changing anything but more opportunity, as the winter so far is mild, they will want to stack back on all the late hunts they trimmed last year, of which in my opinion needs to be discontinued all together. Yes I'm pessimistic, but I haven't seen much good for quite some time where mule deer are concerned!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-12 AT 10:05AM (MST)[p]BPK, I could sign on to something that had pick your weapon seasons, hell I'd even pay more money for the ticket. I could sign on to something that had provisions that demanded F&G be as proactive with deer and elk numbers after a winter kill lets say, cutting otc or doe tags enough to help numbers rebound as they do when they have a burn lets say (unit 45), when they crank up tags because they are worried about a winter die off,to name a couple at the top of the list for me.

I did buy a deer tag this year with the idea that I would use it to hunt whitetail this fall, but where I hunt, the deer took a pretty good hit last winter so I didn't get to excited about hunting, maybe this year!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom